Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

10.11.2010

Finally back on my own computer

My power cord is crap again. It has to be severely jerry rigged to stay blue (charged/plugged in) or jiggled every five seconds. I hate this power cord. But for now its blue so good. Yay.

Zoe has not had a good weekend I think its because of three reasons.
1. I've been letting her sleep on me all the time so I can get some sleep.
2. I haven't been keeping track of her schedule so I never know when she ate last, how much, when she slept, how long, etc. I was and then my computer cord crapped and it was on my computer so... I'm going to print it out.
3. On Saturday morning, she developed a weird red rash on her face after eating. It went from her chin all the way up the left side to her eye (the side she eats on like her face always leans on me on that side when she eats so if she drools out formula its on that side of her face, mouth, etc and the burp cloth is always on that side of her face too from her chin to her eye to catch formula). So I think it was a reaction to the burp cloth rubbing, formula on her face? I called the doctor and left a message on Saturday but when she called back I wasn't by my phone and then we went to Muncie for Homecoming so I never did talk to her. I'm going to call tomorrow and get Zoe in to make sure its nothing.

Ian and I also think that Zoe is growing again because she is not happy a half hour or so after she eats. So starting tonight I'm upping her formula from 3 to 4 ounces. And keeping track of her schedule/etc. So far she had 3oz at 11ish that Ian fed her. I talked to Julie on the phone and showered. At 12ish she was fussy like she was hungry. So I brought her down here and at 1230ish made her a bottle of 3oz in which she sucked on for like 5 minutes barely drank out of and went back to sleep on me. But she was refusing to take a pacifier beforehand so ? I dunno. Then I put her in her swing which is where she has been since I started this blog. So about 10 minutes maybe? She seems to be sleeping. Her swing is almost out of batteries and the music playing sounds like a broken record player LOL its kind of amusing yet annoying at the same time.

Note to self: Go upstairs and get lullaby cd and put it in the cd player down here to play to her when shes in her swing because the swing is swinging just music sucks.

Note to self: Have doctor weigh Zoe tomorrow to figure out how much she should be eating. I read online its 2.5oz per pound. So a 10lb baby should be eating 25 ounces in a 24 hour period, etc. I am guessing she is 8lbs-ish. She was 7lbs 3oz at her one month appt. and that was about a month ago. So... I'm guessing she is about 8 1/2 lbs now. When I was logging her food she was eating between 15 and 21 ounces a day.

I can't believe she's already 2 months old. She's getting so big! And she is doing more stuff. I am pretty sure she is starting to smile. She has been smiling a lot more and not when she's farting. She can lift her head a lot more. And she likes to lay on the floor on a blanket and flail her arms and legs for fun. She looks SO excited when she does it.

Ian's phone is ringing. It's 1am. Weird. I told him he didn't have to work tomorrow because its Columbus Day and he said he is pretty sure he does. It's probably AT&T about some server. They always call late.

Our five-year anniversary is on Friday! I have to find a babysitter so we can have a date night. We were going to go away or wanted to and talked about it but its not practical driving 3 hours to drop Zoe off at my parents or something and then driving somewhere from there. So we will probably just do dinner and a movie or something.

We went to Ball State's Homecoming on Saturday since that's when we met 10 years ago at Homecoming 2000. It was Ian's freshman year and my second year. He came out of the dorms with Brad (a guy I had a thing for) while I was working on the Homecoming float for our dorm outside of the dorm. I approached them because I wanted to talk to Brad (we had a class together at that time) and I was flirting with Brad or trying to and he walked away because he was in a bad mood that they were trying to drink in the dorms and an RA busted up their party. After Brad walked away, Ian was like so whats up and we started talking and I showed him what we were doing with the float and then we stayed up all night talking about life and we laid under the stars in the cold (we were sleeping outside anyway by the float because we had to be up at 5a the next morning and it was like 11p or something when I met Ian) on a blanket. And we had a TON of stuff in common and grew up like exactly the same and really really clicked right away like we had known each other forever. And then I had to get ready for the Homecoming parade and Ian said he wanted to help out so he carried the sign in front of our float. I was dancing on the float. The theme that year was "Dancin in the Street" and our float was based on the Ferris Bueller scene where he sings Danke Shank. And we dressed up like the Swedish girls and did their waving float dance. I had spent like HOURS the day before learning the dance and choreographing it with the other girls. Anyway before the parade, Ian and I got Concannons doughnuts. We made lunch plans but my Mom decided to surprise me and brought my then-boyfriend with her. LOL whoops. I decided months later that I liked Ian better and the rest is history! We met on 10-15-2000. Started dating on 9-4-2001. [our week anniversary was on 9/11] Got engaged on 10-15-2004. Got married on 10-15-2005.

Zoe is awake in the swing but seems happy. For now. I better go just in case!

More later! And pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment