Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

5.15.2011

I need to get this out of me

My baby girl is 9 months old today! (technically adjusted she's 8 months and 1 week old which I try to keep in mind so I stop comparing her to 9 month full-term babies who are crawling and pulling up and walking behind things and eating finger foods and real foods). Okay it's driving me crazy. And I'm frustrated. And I'm annoyed almost and then I feel this awful guilty feeling because I know that nothing is wrong with her and that she's normal and that she'll do everything in her own time and that she's got plenty of time. And that she's adorable and I love her the way she is. But part of me is going crazy. The part of me that's competitive and type A and impatient. That part cannot handle that my child is not doing things up there or even ahead of other kids. I think she's the best baby in the world so I want her to beat out other kids and be advanced. But not really I mean I'm happy she's still immobile and I can keep track of her and that she's a really easy laid-back baby. AH I'm so on the fence. I know that her life isn't about the milestones and that she will reach all of them. But I guess I want to be excited too and celebrate too but she's not doing it yet. I just have to keep telling myself and reminding myself of all of this. Just because she's technically 9 months old doesn't mean she's going to magically do stuff and that when she does do stuff it's going to be overwhelming because all the sudden she is going to be mobile and I'll be like AH hold still! Okay I feel better. I guess I just had to get that out.

1 comment:

  1. Better to get it out than to let it stew. Don't forget -- Einstein himself didn't speak until he was six years old. :-P

    ReplyDelete