Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

7.08.2011

Need advice in between appointments

Between appointments I always get the urge to call the doctor (pediatrician) about everything still even now and I never know if its a must call or just me being me since I do it pretty routinely about 7 or 8 weeks after her last appt. I did it during pregnancy too when I wasn't in the hospital. Anyway - okay so here is the list of three things I feel like I NEED to call the doctor about. Please tell me if you would call, what your answer is, etc.

1. Zoe has weird bumps on her va-jay-jay. It's not red like diaper rash. One of her teeth does seem swollen so it could be just from teething? I heard they get stuff when teething. Or is it a yeast infection like Ari? I feel weird Googling baby yeast infection I don't want to look at infected baby va-jay-jay online! I have put Desitin on it and Aquaphor on it and its still there.

2. What in the world am I supposed to be feeding my kid?? It stresses me out. Does she get 4oz bottles now, 6oz bottles, solids twice, solids three times a day? How many ounces of solids? Does she need purees or should I be chopping up pieces of food instead of making purees? When do I give her puffs? She never really cries for food anymore not even bottles so do I just keep shoving food in her mouth?

3. Does she sleep too much??? Zoe goes to bed sometimes at 8 or 9 pm and I have to physically wake her up at 1045 or 11am! And then she sleeps at usually 2 or 3 hours at nap time. Should I be waking her up? Do I let her sleep? Should she be sleeping that much at night or during her nap? She never takes a morning nap anymore because she sleeps in so late! Also its hard getting all that food in when she is only awake 11a-9p.

Okay I feel better getting all that out. Any help is appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I think these are good questions, Melinda. For the bumps and sleep pattern ones, I'd ask the doctor or a "Call A Nurse" line. I think someone told me Peyton Manning Children's Hospital has a good one. Whoever takes your call should be able to tell you if sweet Zoe needs to visit the doctor. I've had Rachel call nurse lines several times when she's had some symptom. For the food question, I'm sure you're recognizing Zoe's signals about eating. Follow those. She'll act differently when she's hungry or full. It was always my feeling that babies are smarter than us. They won't eat if they're not hungry. Once my kids started eating, I gave them ground-up versions of whatever we were eating. (They had to get used to my cooking at some point in their lives!) I had a neat little hand-cranked blender that I could put in my purse to take anywhere, and I used it at home, too. For what it's worth, both kids eat sensibly now, are fit and are not fussy eaters. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete