Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

6.27.2011

Life Plan

I am a month and a week or so away from turning 30. Thirty doesn't bother me at all. Just another year, another decade. I just feel kind of stressed because I have always had a direct life plan but after 30 it was kind of always a blur. So far 29 and earlier has gone on schedule. I graduated high school, went to college, got married by 25, had a job, had a child by 30. BUT getting laid off through it for a loop. I had planned on having a child by 30 taking off a year or so and then returning to my former position (okay so it was idealistic). So now I am thinking to myself do I want another child and if so where would the child fit in? I want to be able to send my children to college so I really don't want one after another. i would like a few years in between maybe 3 or 4 years. How long do I want to stay home with Zoe? Will I feel comfortable or anxious sending her to daycare? Should I work at home? When will I have a second child if I have one? Do I go to work after Zoe turns 1 and then work and then have another child? Part of me wants to stay at home with Zoe because I love watching her grow up but I just don't feel like I'm contributing financially. Um because I'm not.

2 comments:

  1. A wise man once said, "Some of the most interesting people I know are 40 years old and still don't know what they want to be when they grow up." (Or words to that effect.) You'll figure it out as you go along, if nothing else. Enjoy the moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it important to you to contribute financially? As a stay-at-home mom, think about all of the other wonderful things you are able to contribute to your family. Many of those things you wouldn't be able to devote as much energy to working outside the home.

    ReplyDelete