Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

8.13.2012

Baby Girl is almost 2!

I can't believe my baby is almost 2! It makes me feel kind of sad because she's getting older but kind of excited because I like watching her grow and learn new things. It just seems like recently she was so tiny and had no hair. She just seems so big now.

She went to the doctor for what turned out to be an ear infection on August 1 and she weighed a little under 22 lbs. So she's still not very big. I am pretty sure she hit a growth spurt height wise though because she can't walk under tables anymore and she is tall enough to grab stuff off counters. I wanted to measure her like on a 2x4 or whatever like my parents did in my basement when I was a kid but well have you ever tried getting a toddler to stand still even for seconds while you make a pencil mark? Not really the easiest thing I've done lately. I'm going to guess she's about 32 or 33 inches tall. She was 31 exactly at 18 months and I'm not exactly how tall they get every month...

What other updates should I give? I miss having a baby book where I could just track everything. It made it a lot easier. She's met all of her milestones according to Babycenter. She runs, climbs, walks, goes up and down stairs holding on to the wall (she tumbled down a few stairs last week so I stopped letting her do it completely independently and the gate is going back up). She sings (not actual words more like jibberish), dances, draws, plays kitchen, loves tea parties, dogs, cats, music, books. Elmo and Mickey. She is trying really hard to jump lately and its really cute because its more of a gallop or a skip because she can't lift both feet off the ground yet. She talks a lot and she repeats everything. We did flashcards yesterday and she didn't know what like a handful of things were (snow, bat (like the animal) others I can't remember. We are getting her back into napping because it helps with her terrible two tantrums. I'm also trying to get her back on a routine. (thanks to my MIL). :)

This I got from Kathy's blog that she used for her son when he was 11 months.

Age: 2 years

Weight: just under 22 lbs

Length: most likely 33-34 inches

Size: mostly 18m/some 24m

Teething: She has all but the four K9 teeth

Hair: So long that I braided the bottom of it last night and her bangs now make long pigtails

Sleeping: She sleeps until about 9, naps for a couple hours before lunch or right after lunch and goes to bed around 830. 

Eating: She eats a lot of stuff offered to her. Not big on meat unless its breaded. Eats most vegetables but really likes carrots, green beans, broccoli. Likes most fruit but enjoys bananas, peaches and applesauce most. Loves carbs LOL has really been into cereal and milk lately. Does not care for quesadillas, hot dogs, sandwiches (she likes prefers two open face rather than one closed).

Movement: Tries to jump, starting to climb more, goes up and down stairs on own (has fallen once). Loves swings and slides more.

Milestones: See chart below

Favorite toys: She LOVES tea party and her kitchen. She also likes reading.

Dislikes: Bed time. Nap time. Doing something on your time instead of hers.

Likes: Exploring. Reading. Hanging out with Mommy and Daddy. Kitties. Doggies.

Words and Sounds: She tries to repeat bigger words we say and its funny. 

Green is does now (8/13/12 - 2 in 2 days)/ orange - sometimes, red- never or only once


Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
19 monthsUses a spoon and fork
Runs
Throws a ball underhand
Enjoys helping around the house
Understands as many as 200 words
Recognizes when something is wrong (e.g., calling a dog a cat)
Washes and dries own hands with help
Points to picture or object when you call it by name
May know when she needs to pee
20 monthsFeeds doll
Takes off own clothes
Dumps an object in imitation, such as throwing garbage away
Learns words at a rate of ten or more a day
Can walk up stairs (but probably not down)
May start exploring genitals
Draws a straight line
Names several body parts
21 monthsCan walk up stairs
Able to set simple goals (e.g., deciding to put a toy in a certain place)
Throws a ball overhand
Kicks ball forward
Stacks six blocks
Names simple picture in a book
Can walk down stairs
22 monthsKicks ball forward
Follows two-step requests(e.g., "Get your doll and bring it here")
Does simple puzzles
Draws a straight line
Names several body parts
Puts on loose-fitting clothes
Might be ready for a big bed

Understands opposites (e.g., tall vs. short)
23 monthsNames simple picture in a book
Uses 50 to 70 words
Opens doors
Sings simple tunes
Takes more of an interest in playing with other kids
Talks about self (likes, dislikes)
Asks "why?"
24 monthsNames at least six body parts
Half of speech is understandable
Makes two- to three-word sentences
Talks about self
Arranges things in categories
Can walk down stairs
Begins to understand abstract concepts (e.g., sooner and later)
Becomes attuned to gender differences
Learns to jump

No comments:

Post a Comment