So I was super cleaning today and dusting off my dresser and finally decided to move "The Nubby". It had been hiding on my dresser under my Mickey ears hat ever since that fateful night it was discarded. I knew it was there. I even looked at it wistfully a few times a month. I would stop and glance at it usually after just putting toddler Zoe to bed and I would think about the time when she was tiny and dependent on the Nubby. I knew eventually I would have to face it again. So I was dusting and just decided to go for it. Zoe wasn't in the room at the time. I didn't know how she would react if she saw it again. So I picked him up and moved him and dusted his spot. And she came in and didn't notice him. So I took him out and showed her to see what she would do. She didn't remember his name. Called him a bear. Examined the paci part. Put in mouth like old times. For a brief nanosecond I looked at her and remembered her little face with the Nubby. I reminisced. I went outside and showed Ian that Zoe had the Nubby. I got scolded. LOL and I knew it was time to put the Nubby in the keepsake box. I very rarely take the keepsake box out of Zoe's because it makes me very sad. Alas, I knew the Nubby had to go in it. It couldn't stay on my dresser forever. So I took the box down. I opened it and barely examined its components and knew I had to blog. I just felt so ... I don't know. Confused? Sad? Honestly I felt kind of lonely like I was missing a part of me. So then I decided to blog and face the box and maybe blog about what was in it and then maybe it wouldn't hurt so much opening it.
So here is what is in the box so far.
The Nubby
My hospital bracelet from April 25, 2010. I wasn't admitted the hospital for bedrest until May 5 I think so not sure where this is from.
My appointment sheet from the Anderson hospital listing all my appointments from 14 weeks to 40 weeks (kind of amusing since I only made it to three appointments on the sheet)
My congratulations you are pregnant card from Robyn & Chris.
My special ultrasounds package I carried around (the rest of them are in their own photo album). These are the first ones - January 21, 2010 - finding out I was 6w3d. Another one from January 21, 2010 saying I was 7w4d. Gender ultrasounds at 18w2d.
Every. single. one. of my get well cards from bedrest. Just reading them makes me want to tear up and cry. I read sentence of one and teared up. They just kept me so strong when I was a mess.
My extra ultrasound pictures from Community North bedrest that aren't filed in the book.
My baby shower cards
The paperwork and story behind Zoe's rocking chair
The doubles from Zoe's pictures
Zoe's first paci ever from the NICU
Zoe's teeny tiny "glasses" she wore under the NICU lights
Zoe's first NICU hat
A ceramic shoe from Zoe's planter from the hospital
My super special awesome necklace from Twana gave me when I turned 26 weeks pregnant.
And now my baby girl is up on the bed with me trying to destroy her box and wanting to watch Gabba Gabba and stole the Nubby out of her box. It's just amazing how fast things change.
9.28.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment