Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

3.29.2011

Solids Update

So tomorrow is day 4 of green beans! I've been doing her food kind of weird. Even though I started her at almost exactly 6 months... I have been following the 4-6 month chart first because she was born 3 weeks early. So after green beans are done, we move on to the 6-8 month chart! I'm excited even though it makes her feel a lot older. I guess she is 7 1/2 months already. It's just so crazy that she's already that old!

So far with solids, I've been doing fruits in the morning with rice cereal (usually 2 cubes and a scoop) usually in between her wake up bottle and her nap bottle and then at dinnertime doing 2 cubes of a veggie. Depending on what her food of the week is. I try to alternate fruit/veggie/fruit/veggie if possible. And then I continue the one until its gone while starting another.

For example: On March 19, I made apples and pears. Pears being her new food with apples just a continuous one I do because it makes a lot. So then I did pears for 4 days with the last day mixing in apples (which she had had a couple weeks prior or so) I have I think 3 or 4 cubes left of pears and about 14 or so left of apples. I don't like to do double apple because applesauce is a constipator but pear is the opposite. So apples and pears seem to be an okay combo for now. But she has seemed kind of long with pooping. Anyway so then after the 4 day pears were done, I made green beans (which only made like 8 or 9 tops based on how many I bought). So she has done them since Saturday I think. I know that tomorrow will be day 4. So I guess Saturday. So I'll probably go to the store Wednesday and get a few more to make and freeze.

So we are now done with this list


And moving on to this list!
 Since she had already had rice cereal (she likes best), barley (we are skipping) and oat (is too thick for her for now she's not a fan even when I thin it) she's done avocado, apples, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, squash (her nemesis), green beans. So her next foods are apricots, mangos, necterines, peaches, plums, prunes and pumpkin. Carrots, peas, zucchini, parsnips. I read you aren't supposed to do chicken, turkey or tofu until last. Same with the yogurt. So for now I will just do the fruits and veggies.
Apricot season is May to August.
Mango season is June to August in the US but are usually year round and South American.
Necterine season is June to August.
Peach season is summertime
Plum season is May to October
Prune season is May through October
Pumpkin season is late September through October (obviously)
Carrot season is October through April
Pea season is January through June
Zucchini season is late spring and early summer
Parsnips Available year-round from storage with a peak during the early fall months.

There are 11 new things so that's 44 days or around 2 months so April and May. Obviously pumpkin, parsnips won't be in season yet or even close. I should probably do the April ones first so carrots, peas, mango, necterine, peaches, pumpkin, parsnips, zucchini, apricots, plums and prunes.

So I'll probably do it in this order:
Mangoes (March 30-April 2)
Carrots (April 3-6)
Nectarines (April 7-10)
Peas (April 11-14)
APRIL 15 - ZOE TURNS 8 MONTHS
Peaches (April 15-18)
Parsnips (April 19-22)
Pumpkin (April 23-26)
Apricots (April 27-30)
Zucchini (May 1-4)
Plums (May 5-8)
Prunes (May 9-12)
MAY 15 - ZOE TURNS 9 MONTHS
Meats (May 13)
Yogurt (Memorial Day)

Continued in next blog

No comments:

Post a Comment