Update 1: Sleeping through the night (STTN)
Zoe has slept through the night every night but one since Saturday, November 13th. We were at Aunt Nancy and Uncle Brian's house and I thought it was just a fluke because they live in the middle of nowhere and its really quiet there and dark. But then it kept happening and happening and is still happening. So... I have no idea why and I thank God for it every single day!
Update 2: Bedtime Routine
Zoe also now (due to this) has a bedtime routine, which I am afraid to mess up because she might not sleep through the night LOL, so at about 7 or 8 she gets hungry and I feed her. Usually she eats more than 4oz but sometimes not. Then I change her diaper, put on her pajamas and put her in her Halo sleepsack. Then we put the pacifier in her mouth and either Ian or I rock her up and down in a rocking chair type motion (as opposed to left to right - hope that makes sense) and you have to either hold her paci in her mouth for her during this time OR if you are me, you can just hold it in place between her mouth and your boob. Then you just watch TV or something and rock her. And by the time your show is over, she's usually out and then you take her up and put her in her crib (where she has been sleeping for a while now every night) and I face her towards the window because she scoots and always ends up with her feet by the rail things and I'm afraid if I turn her she'll hit her head and scoot the same way. I dunno. Usually she's in her crib by 9p (sometimes we just watch TV and rock her and put her down around 10p). And then she usually wakes up at 7a (to Ian's alarm beeping and Ian sleeping and not turning it off) or the light coming through her window around 8a. Usually 7 or 730a though.
Schedule
Zoe has pretty much been on the same schedule since she came home. I watched on SuperNanny or Nanny 911 whatever the one with Jo the British woman, that kids should be on a routine and I know that's usually for older kids and NOT babies but I try to stick with it anyway and usually she sticks to it herself so... here is her schedule (the only difference between now and before is she sleeps instead of eating at 11p and 3a)
730a wakes up
745a screams for her bottle because I'm not moving fast enough and she's starving
746a eats usually 4oz
810a done eating
811a diaper change
815a naked baby floor time on her big fleece blanket on the floor (okay she's in a diaper but what do you call her then diaper baby... sounds weird)
820 I take her morning picture to send to everyone on her photo list and Facebook, today she was ALL smiles (usually she's pretty happy during this time) - pics later
9a she fusses because she's cold now and getting bored
905a she's back in her pjs (no sleep sack) and I amuse her with toys and noises and songs
11a she's hungry again and so am I (sometimes I eat and drink coffee during her floor time just depends)
1105a she eats anywhere from 4 to 7oz
[SOMETIMES but not always we nap from 9-11a but lately not]
1115a to 3p this is kind of our 'free time' sometimes she naps during this time, sometimes she's fussy and we go for stroller rides (inside or outside depending on the weather), sometimes we play with toys more, sometimes we read books, sometimes I play on the computer and she naps next to me in the boppy, sometimes she plays on the floor or under her playmat while I watch tv... it really depends on what is amusing her and her mood that day. At some point during this time I eat lunch.
3p - Dr. Phil and Zoe lunch. She usually eats 2-4oz.
4p - Ian getting home around 6ish - We've been watching Oprah the past few days for some ungodly reason because I hate Oprah. Usually at 4p I let Zoe amuse herself and get unstimulated/wind down for the day. She looks around and lays on her blanket or in the swing with her paci while I clean the kitchen, do laundry, clean the house basically. If she's fussy during this time because she's tired... I put her in the Bjorn and she comes with and usually naps. But most days she's fine entertaining herself and I'm usually only doing stuff in 10 minute intervals and then with her for like 10 minutes and then 10 minutes cleaning and her for 10 minutes.
Ian gets home - We tell 'Daddy' about our day. Ian watches TV. Zoe eats about 2oz and cat naps on either me or Ian.
Ian and I eat dinner while she catnaps in her swing OR start bedtime routine depending on how fussy/tired she is.
730p start bedtime routine if haven't yet - food, diaper, pajamas, sleep sack, paci, rock, asleep, crib
9p Zoe usually in bed. We either eat dinner (if we haven't yet), watch TV, play on computer - if I'm tired I go to bed.
....Then the day starts all over again.
Update 3: Growth Spurt
Zoe had a super growth spurt last week and now almost NONE of her newborn clothes fit her lengthwise especially if they have feeties (obviously) so mostly sleepers. A few onesies. So now she is almost all in 0-3 or 3m sleepers. I am LOVING these Carters zip up fleece sleepers. Oh my god I wish I had like 3 more. I bought one with my free $10 JC Penney money a week or so ago. Then I found 2 more at the IL consignment store (for $1 and $3) and I have a couple others that are cotton and zippy but they shrunk a little in the dryer length wise (booooo) I LOVE zipper sleepers! I might buy more or ask for more for Christmas. I pretty much like any of them and the fleece is nice because I don't have to blanket her later if it's warmer.
http://www.carters.com/carters/Striped-Polar-Bear-Sleep-Play/V_115-721,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-pajamas
http://www.carters.com/carters/Elephant-Polka-Dot-Cotton-Sleep-Play/V_115-742,default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-pajamas
Ahh I love them.
Update 4: IL trip
Just realized the last time I blogged was Nov. 8th and it was before we left to go to IL. So Ian had off Veterans Day and took off the Friday after so we decided really last minute to go out to IL so Zoe could meet her Great Grandma Cooper, Great Aunt Nancy, Great Uncle Brian, great? cousin Holly, great? cousin Holly's husband Garrett, great? cousin Holly and Garrett's 6-month old daughter Kennedy. (if you didn't follow that... we visited Ian's grandma Cooper (his dad's mom), Ian's Aunt Nancy and Uncle Brian, their daughter Holly (Ian's cousin), Holly's husband Garrett and their new baby. Which we think is Zoe's second cousin. Anyway they are only 3 months apart so it was really cute and we got some GREAT pictures of Zoe and Kennedy with their great grandma Cooper. While we were there, Holly and Aunt Nancy wanted to take me to this awesome amazing incredible cannot talk it up enough kids consignment store near Springfield, IL (like 40 mins away-ish from their house). It was amazing. They have it separated in two sides - boys and girls. Have a huge dollar rack, organized by size (yet all the clothes look new so not sure why a $1). Then they have more racks (not like rack racks like Kmart or Wal-mart.. they are wall racks like the Gap) organized by size. So basically I just went to the beginning of the girls side $1 wall rack and found cute stuff in 0-3. Then went to the girls side $2-$6 (basically was the other price range for everything else in the consignment place) and found cute stuff in 0-3, 3, 3-6. I ended up getting 27 pieces (including the sleep sack AND her Christmas dress) for $62. I got sleepers, a Halo swaddle sleep sack, non-swaddle sleep sacks, Christmas pjs, Christmas dress, long sleeved onesies, outfits, hoodies, jeans, a winter hat, a summer dress - a TON. (picture later). It was a really fun weekend!!!
Update 5: Zoe turned 3 months on November 15
Every week, I get I think two or three different emails about what Zoe is supposed to be doing or doing developmentally. I have been getting them since pregnancy. Here are her last ones... but keep in mind that we usually follow everything it says but that she is usually 2 or 3 weeks behind still. So like this week, we are introducing texture books and textures (or I am at least since Ian's at work) but she won't get into them probably for another few weeks or so. She just started smiling regularly and just started really grabbing and grasping at toys. Okay so here are her updates according to the sites (which are from TheBump and Babycenter)
TheBump emails me every Sunday (so its really her X Sundays old celebration)
TheBump 12 weeks (3 months)
Baby might be sleeping through the night by now! If she isn't sleeping through the night yet, don't despair - all babies get to this (wonderful) stage at their own pace. She'll also soon be able to bear weight on her feet and push down with her legs. During tummy time, you may see her attempts to push herself up, often using her head. These are her first baby steps (excuse the pun) toward walking!
TheBump 13 weeks (3 months, 1 week)
Baby's always known who you are, but now he can really show it. You may notice him smiling and kicking when you make eye contact, or replying to your conversation with little gurgles. Talk with baby as much as possible to help develop his language skills -- point out things you see, read out loud, sing to him, and do everything else you can to keep the conversation flowing.
TheBump 14 weeks (3 months, 2 weeks)
| Baby loves cuddles and snuggles -- skin-to-skin action helps her feel comforted and relaxed. She's becoming increasingly sensitive to texture, and will enjoy all sorts of different toys -- soft, hard, fuzzy, rubbery, and anything else you can find. Playing with different sorts of objects also gives her practice using her hands. Now that she's learning to put them together and grab for objects, it's especially important to keep anything that she could break or choke on out of her reach. |
Tummy time helps baby develop motor skills like crawling, reaching, and rolling over while strengthening the muscles in her neck, back, arms, and shoulders. Getting baby off her back also helps her skull set properly. If she fusses, try tiny increments of a few minutes each throughout the day rather than one longer stretch. It also might help to get down on the ground with her -- entertain her with toys, or try lying on your back and putting her face down on top of your tummy. When bedtime rolls around, though, it's back on the back for baby (SIDS is still a risk for babies who sleep on their tummy).
Babycenter sends theirs usually on Mondays or whenever Zoe 'officially' turns another week old
Your Baby This Week: 3 months old: week 1
Your baby is probably able to sit upright when propped up by blankets or pillows. If he can do this for short periods without slumping forward or immediately toppling to the side, by all means let him enjoy the new views that come with sitting upright on the floor or next to you on the sofa. (Take care not to leave a propped-up infant unattended. Even a seemingly stable pre-sitter can topple over.)
Your Baby This Week: 3 months old: week 2
Your baby's goos and gurgles are probably going strong, but now she's also making consonant sounds, sputtering Ps and Bs and Ms and Ls. That's where the first "ma-ma" and "da-da" will come from. At first, she won't associate these sounds with any particular meaning (although you certainly will) – they're just easiest for her to make. (Interesting fact: In any language, the equivalents of "Mama" and "Dada" are common first words.)
So this is what she's doing compared to what these say.....
TheBump
TheBump 12 wks -- She sleeps through the night, if she gets really mad during tummy time (LOL) she lifts her head and moves her feet like she's crawling (but not in unison).
TheBump 13 wks -- She smiles and kicks/gets excited when I talk to her. I talk to her all the time... always have.
TheBump - 14 wks -- I don't think she understands textures yet but I give her different textured toys and fabrics. Like rub different stuff on her during naked (okay... diaper) time like her clothes, blankets, toys, whatever. We just got out some books tonight that have textures to them after I read this the other day.
Babycenter (Your Baby This Week)
3 months 1 week - She doesn't have good head control yet and cannot sit up in anyway. I got out the Bumbo seat Monday and she could not hold her head up long enough to sit in it at all. She screamed the whole time. She also does not like to be propped up with pillows in the corner of couch or whatever. She has no head control and gets mad. Or if you lay her down a little bit she just slides down. It's not good. She does like though or seems to like when you carry her forward facing with your arms. So she's like sitting on your lap being held.
3 months 2 weeks - She is 'talking' a lot more and it sounds like she's saying mamamamamamama sometimes.
I would say she can do all the Babycenter 6wk stuff (smiling), 7wk stuff (grabbing and holding on to stuff), 8wk stuff (cooing/'talking'), 9wk stuff (baby pushups during tummy time - only when she's mad though not all the time), 10wk stuff (recognizes my voice and smiles when I greet her), 11wk stuff (finding hands - she JUST found her hands like this week. Now she sucks on them all the time like her whole hand.) So I would say based on that that she is about 2 weeks behind full-term babies. And she was born 3 weeks and 1 day early (36 weeks, 6 days) so not too shabby....
I need to fill out her baby book! Someone remind me.
We got a free 8x8 Shutterfly photo book for signing up (it was free) for Similac Gold (we don't even use Similac anymore after the recall... we use Members Mark formula from Sam's Club). I got to pick all the pictures and design the book. We got it in the mail and it is SO cute!!!!! I'll have to take pictures of the book. Or link to it online or something!!!
Umm I think that's everything? Ask questions if I left something out or you want to know or whatever!
Oh weight wise we don't know yet until her 4 month appt. and she just had her first Tylenol last night because she seemed icky yesterday and had a low grade fever (NOT teething, I had Cassie check).
PHOTOS!
so its saying 'server rejected' I might have to move some to Picasa... stay tuned!

Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny I feel the same way... so obsessed over Maggie and pretty sure everyone else should be but know they probably aren't just as excited.
It also sounds like we live a similar life but I think you are more productive than I... I have to get all my productivity done before she wakes up in the morning!! Luckily I am a huge morning person!
Happy to hear everything is going so great!!!