So we left off at Zoe at 9 Sundays old on Oct. 17 or two months on Oct 15 and I did her 8 week recap. So I need her 9, 10 and 11 week recaps.
Zoe - 9 Sundays old week
According to my Facebook posts (which helps me remember everything I want to say here LOL), Zoe got her shots on Oct. 19th. She did pretty well. When they put the shots in she yelped and cried but then she was okay. Later that night, she had a low-grade fever and wasn't a happy camper but within 24 hours, she was back to normal! We didn't give her anything before or after the shots medication wise like baby Tylenol.
I was window online shopping and found these! I am almost 70 percent sure at this point I'm buying the dress. I have stalked it.
Dress
http://www.carters.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Carters-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=V_121-397&cgid=carters-baby-girl-collections-holiday-shop&navid=carters-search
Courdoroys
http://www.carters.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Carters-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=V_121-405&cgid=carters-baby-girl-little-collections-1
Found out that Zoe according to CDC is in the less than 3 percentile for her weight but in the 25 percentile for her height (if I figure that she was born on her due date and not early).
I did my sugar labs and thyroid labs and they both came back normal.
Zoe at 10 weeks (10 Sundays) - Oct 24-30
I decided to attempt cooking because Ian said he was sick of our meals. I made chicken in the crock pot.
Recipe:
6 uncooked frozen chicken tenders from the bag
1 packet of GrillMates wine and herbs seasoning for chicken
water
Cooked on high for 3 hours and lo for 2 hours
Result: Ian didn't like the seasoning but thought the idea was good. Had over rice.
Zumba had a thing going on that if you wore a costume and it was good that you wouldn't have to pay (or punch your card in my case) that night. On Monday, I was blackmail and got in free. And then Thursday night, I went as Bewitched and got in free.
During Monday's Zumba, I used my heartrate monitor for the first time since before I got pregnant and my heartrate got up to 177! And I burned 576 calories in 56 minutes! I was very proud of myself!!
On October 26, Zoe slept in her crib for the first time! I was tired and she was tired and I put her in there and then I went to my bed to sleep. And we both slept in our own beds all night (well until her mid-early a.m. feeding) and she has been sleeping in her crib ever since!!!!! Except the occasional daytime nap like right now in which she is in her swing.
It stormed bad that day and it knocked some boards off our fence! I took photos and video of the storm. It moved through super fast and had super high winds of like 70mph! It didn't last very long but was scary when it did!!! The sirens went off and I hid Zoe in the bathroom!
I went to dentist that day and found out I was cavity free for year 29! I can't believe I'm almost 30 and have never had a cavity. Knock on wood!
I was getting really worried that Zoe never looked directly at people or smiled like Abby (my friend Laura that I Zumba with's child that was born a month before Zoe but was also due in early September) and other babies.
On Oct 27, I threw a dinner party impromptu. It started as I wanted to cook again and make lasagna then I thought I'll invite over the neighbors figuring that only 1 set of 3 sets would be able to come over and all 3 sets could make it SO I ended up making TWO lasagnas and throwing a dinner party for all my friends! It was actually REALLY fun. I could get used to hosting and entertaining more often!!!! Ian even had the guys (John and Derrick) stay over and play Wii (Rock Band and some of the Wii Fit Plus games)!! AND Zoe looked at and smiled at Cassie so I knew there was hope that she was going to start doing it.
The only bad part about the evening was that I found out later that apparently the flu virus spread throughout all of us during the dinner party and myself, Emma (Bri and John's 1 year old), Braedon (Cassie and Derrick's 3 year old) and John all got the flu! We all spent Friday with the same symptoms. I didn't have a fever so I thought I had food poisoning from mayo I accidentally left out yet made tuna salad with on Thursday night for dinner but then I heard later that others were sick too. I felt fine by Friday night. It was like a 12 hour thing for me.
We went back home for Zoe's first Halloween to go trick or treating with our friends (same as we did last year but this year, we have a baby!) Zoe was going as a flower so Ian and I dressed up as gardeners. It was me, Ian, Zoe, Julie, Adam, Riley, Kristi, Josh, Oliviah, Lauryn, my Mom, Kristi's mom, Julie's mom, Adam's mom, Julie's sister Meg, Julie's grandma, Julie's Aunt Barb and Uncle Chris, Julie's Aunt Beth and Uncle Jim, Monica, Sam, Meg's friend Vicki. I think that's it. So 19 young adults/adults and 4 little kids. Riley was a firefighter. Oliviah was Snow White (she was born 8/17/09) and Lauryn was Belle. Julie's grandpa always hands out the candy instead of walking around with all of us. Last year, Julie's sister in law and I collected a TON of candy for him and the rest of the adults but this year no one would give me as much candy even though I had Zoe. It was weird. I tried everything to try to maximize my candy bag intake and nothing worked! It was so fun!! After trick or treating, we all ordered pizza and had pizza, candy and pumpkin pie that Grandma made. And then went home!
My dad didn't go because my Aunt Cheryl had been in the hospital for heart problems and was getting worse so they drove out to the hospital in Pittsburgh she was at to see her. But I got to see my Dad Friday night and Saturday morning before he left.
Zoe at 11 weeks (11 Sundays) - Halloween - Nov 6
Early Sunday (Halloween) morning at 230am, my Dad called my Mom and said my Aunt had passed away. She was only 51 years old and her birthday was in a week. We had been getting updates all night from my Dad before we went to bed. She had been in the hospital for 6 weeks. First it was a hole in the heart, then she got a leg infection really bad, then her kidneys stopped working and she had to go on dialysis so they couldn't do heart surgery, then they found a second hole in her heart, then they were going to amputate her leg and do open heart surgery both on Monday (11/1) but her liver starting shutting down and then everything shut down and she apparently was jaundiced and super bloated and finally passed. My mom was sad she couldn't be there for my dad at the hospital and my Grandma was a mess because she lost a child and my Dad was a mess because he lost a sibling he shared a lot with as a kid. They got back Sunday night and we all met at my parents house and had dinner and went over arrangements and stuff. The viewing is tomorrow at 5p in West Virginia (where she lived with her husband) and the funeral is Thursday at 11a. I am still kind of in shock because she was so young but since she lived in West Virginia her whole life, I only saw her about once every 5 years or so. She lived a really rough life. She was kind of developmentally slower and her first husband was abusive and her kids (my cousins) have always been in and out of trouble but she remained pretty calm and optimistic about it all. She just lived in the mountains and seemed happy. She just got married a few years ago for the second time to a really really nice guy. Sad.
Zoe had fun spending time with her Grandma Cindy all weekend. Ian and I had a long talk in the car about stuff going on. We are still having trouble adjusting to life as parents. He said that he feels since I've been laid off that I've been a different person and bitter and unmotivated. I don't feel that way. I feel like I do stuff and do the best I can and am always with the baby or doing something. I don't feel even a quarter as depressed and bitter as I was when I got laid off back in July 09. The only thing still sticking around is the 40lbs I gained after I got laid off (which I am losing by the way! - we'll get to that in a second). So I don't know. We talked for a while and I think we are okay. It's so hard to communicate with each other on a normal basis and remain affectionate with each other when the baby is constantly in the middle but we are trying. I feel like we are anyway.
I weighed myself at my parents house and I lost 4 lbs and am back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 196! I was 215 super pregnant, 205 right after, 199.7 at 6 weeks, 201 at 8 weeks and now 196! WOOOO! My first goal is met! My second goal/current goal is to see an 8 as the middle number.
I remember this thing I did in my first Sociology class I took in college (side note: I got a D in it because I skipped it a lot but I retook it later at Ivy Tech when I got kicked out of Ball State and I got an A and the credit transferred) that showed like the seven areas of your life and how to balance it. I don't remember it exactly but there was some test we had to go take to see if our lives were balanced [side note: and I remember it was in the basement of North Quad or Lucina or some building I never went in and that Michelle that I went to high school with that was friends with my roommate (who I also went to high school with) was in the class and went with me because I didn't know where it was and she was a year ahead of me at college.] I think the seven areas if I can remember were physical, emotional, social, spiritual, occupational (maybe), psychological (maybe) and one more. I should Google it. I think about this thing ALL the freakin time when I analyze my life to see what I need to work on at certain times. If I had the actual chart or test even, it would help out a lot more. If I would have actually attended that class more, maybe I would know it. LOL
Alright I'm going to pee, Google that chart and then post pictures on here.
So as I went to Google it, I suddenly remembered the name of it!!! The 7 Aspects of Wellness chart! And I found it!
Totally making a separate post on this with all the information so I don't lose it! I need a reference! And I might just make a picture post too. This one is really long!

Yay for a blog post! I look every single day to see if you have posted something and feel disappointed when there isn't anything new. Haha. I don't always comment, but I swear you aren't just talking to youself. Forgot to tell you today: congratulations on your recent weight loss! I noticed you have looked slimmer! Safe travels out to West Virginia. Sorry you have to go because of the circumstances, so I'll be thinking of ya. You should keep a count of how many mullets and toothless grins you see out there. At the very least, it will add some humor to your trip. :)
ReplyDelete