Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

6.22.2011

Dear Zoe,

I wish I knew how much permanance the Internet or certain sites would have in like 18 years or even 10 years so I could write to you all the time all the things I want to say to you. I wanted to set you up an email account like this commercial I saw once and email you stuff but I don't know if Google will even be popular enough in 10 years that I will use ya know. I hope at least this blog stays around because I have a lot of stuff on it and I'm sure it would take a LOT of paper to print all of this. And it pretty much sums up your life at least a little. I was just thinking like 10-15 years ago when AOL came out and the Internet launched and it was such a huge deal and everyone had AOL accounts and heard the 'you've got mail' sound and then got instant messenger or Yahoo or ICQ (from way back in the day - with the uh oh sound) anyway so what if I do all this and there isn't any Internet permanance or the world moves on to something else besides Blogger and Google/Gmail? Should I start handwriting you letters or start journals to you so that you can read my notes because they aren't digital? Will you even be interested in your life as a baby or me writing you notes when you are older? I hope so but maybe that's just me being idealistic. Or maybe it's just me being a writer who just likes the written word of any kind really and the history it can provide. I wish I could tell you everything I feel about you now and have you remember it all years and years from now in your little baby brain but like my own childhood I understand you probably won't remember any of it which is kind of sad because you are making a lot of moves and doing new things and its pretty exciting right now. I think my earliest memory I was about 3 or 4. I vaguely remember the operating room when I had stitches but its kind of a blur like a dream. I just remember lots of lights. Anyway you are napping now and you really did not want to nap today at all. You were randomly hungry and just excited about life today during your nap. I think you are growing again because you are hungry a lot it seems. Or maybe just more demanding when you are hungry! You are started to get a little personality of your own and its great. See you after your nap!
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment