Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

1.12.2011

Foot/Zoe

So I broke my stupid foot on Jan. 2. It sucks just because I feel so helpless. Like I am getting okay getting around downstairs without crutches most days - thank God. But I still don't like carrying the baby up or down the stairs because my foot isn't that steady and since they are different heights I'm lopsided and I don't want to risk it. So I mostly just stay downstairs with Zoe all day and do stuff down here. It's hard for me to get up and down because I can't put a lot of pressure on my foot. So I have to put a lot of pressure on my left foot and in doing so it makes my hips hurt really bad and my back. And sometimes when I'm walking around I turn my right foot (the broken one) and it super hurts so then I have to like sit and let it rest forever and then I get all restless especially if Zoe is in a mood and it just makes the day longer. I feel like I'm on bedrest all over again! I don't want to risk going outside during the day because if I slip and fall or something then the baby is left inside and I injure myself further - same goes for showering and pretty much anything inside where I can fall down. Hence why I stay downstairs most of the time. It just gets so boring. I can't drive. I can't go anywhere. I just sit around. And then I just feel fat because I'm not being active. I just really really want for this stupid foot to get better so I can jump on it and dance on it again at Zumba. And just walk on it. I have never broken anything before in my life... can you tell? I need to go to bed. Zoe woke up at 3am this morning. I thought at first she pooped but she didn't. So I swaddled her back up and gave her her paci and as soon as it fell out, she cried. Finally after the fourth time, I went downstairs and made a bottle and brought it up and fed her in the nursery (since I can't carry her down here). Then I thought she'd go to bed but she was WIDE AWAKE like it was daytime. Ugh. So I put her in bed with her paci and thought she'd play and go to sleep. Oh no she cried. I tried to let her cry it out but I couldn't do it!!! After like 10 minutes, I swear the cries start saying the word 'Mama' over and over again. And I start picturing her in that little NICU crib thing and then I get all sad and I go and get her. And she slept with us again and I slept like shit again. So tonight at her last feeding I gave her 6 oz instead of 4oz right off the bat and so far she has stayed asleep since 830p. So *fingers crossed*. I'm going to bed. I was going to finish L&O SVU but I'm too tired and you never know what the night will bring crying wise with a baby. More later probably from my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment