My husband wants me to breastfeed but I can't anymore with my meds. It frustrates me because I know the benefits of breastfeeding because I wanted to do it. And I wish that I could be mentally stable enough to raise a child and breastfeed Zoe without medications but I can't. He just makes me feel guilty about it like I'm giving up or something and I'm not. I would still be doing it if I could. If I could make myself normal than I would. I don't like living like this obviously. I don't enjoy doctors visits every month or taking pills every morning and every night and spending money on prescriptions. I would LOVE to just be normal but for some reason or another I'm not. I just don't know how else to explain it. He's mad about it. We've talked about it. We've discussed it. I don't know what else to say. I don't like taking to my blog about my relationship but I had to get this out. I'm frustrated.
And Zoe has been fussy all night and I'm tired. I finally bought gas drops which Ian thinks is stupid. I'm annoyed.
9.09.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just wanted to comment here hon. I've been following your blog for awhile and I'm real impressed what both of you have been doing with all the ups and downs for the last few months. My first two boys were feed formula (I personally like Good Start),and are healthy as oxes. There is nothing wrong about formula. I understand your hubby's point of veiw, but he needs to understand that this is the last resort. I suffered extreme post pardom (sp) with both of my boys, so bad that it interfered with the bonding. I've worked real hard to fix those relationships. It sounds like you are making a great choice with the options you are given. Oh,gas drops are life savers, I use to mix it in each bottle to help prevent upsets. You are a great mom to admit your limits and willing to work around them. Hey we all have 'abnormal' clicks. Just hang in there hon, keep your head up high, and all will work out in the end. PS if Ian really wants breastmilk, I've heard of milk stores. I dont know the prices. Good luck! This too shall pass!
ReplyDeleteIan will get over it. Let him vent, tell him you don't appreciate his lack of support, then let him deal with it however he chooses. Time will calm him down about it. You truly are making the best decision in the long run, so there's absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. Ian obviously had it in his head that breastfeeding was a going to be a definite thing, and he's having a hard time adjusting to the reality of the situation. He, nor you, could have anticipated what the pregnancy hormones and anxiety/depression issues were going to be like after Zoe was born. In less than a year from now, Zoe will already be eating table food, so this breastmilk/formula debate won't even be an issue. I know it's hard to see down the road that far, but, like everything, this, too, shall pass. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't feel guilty Mindy, I know it is hard not to but you are doing what you think/know is best. My husband was the SAME exact way and I didn't understand him either as much as he didn't understand me. But I realized that I needed to do what was best for my little girl and follow my instincts and eventually, he learned from ME. I had to leave her with my mother in law last night then he took over once he got off of work, for 5 long hours. I was DYING. I kept thinking and wondering what the heck was going on here. Was she crying, did she get a bath, did she get her bottle etc. He did a great job with her when I got home at 10 PM and I was quite honestly, shocked. A man never understands us or what we are going through. My husband told me last night that he was gonna help me clean last night, but then told me he got distracted with Madison and that he respected me and what I do day in and day out. It is NOT easy, no one ever said it was. But it will all pass and everything will be okay! The first couple months are the hardest with a baby. I felt all we ever did was pick at each other, we wouldn't fight, but we would pick and he had his opinion to things as I did. And then she got colic/reflux, and OMG, all hell broke loose. I thought we would never get through it, but we did as you will too :) Lots of luck girl, always here if you need to talk.. :) <3
ReplyDeleteIt's hard in the beginning to combine all the thoughts and feelings you both have about this child you'd dream of...... I remember having it out with my hubby because he was SICK of me breastfeeding.
ReplyDeleteDo hang in there. As someone else said, what is MOST important is that you are feeling whole for yourself and in turn Zoe..... that's more important than the breast milk vs. formula debate.
In time it'll be a distant memory.... hang in there girlie.