Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

9.30.2010

Six weeks post partum workout attempt! plus new Zoe pics

So since I got the okay from my doctor to Zumba and workout I wanted to start today. And it just so happens that Hailey wants to start working again too. I had to figure out if Zumba was still offered at the same time/place as before so I planned on doing Wii Fit Plus tonight and challenged Hailey (because I love a good challenge) and she said let's go for a late night walk instead so we did. Now you would be saying oh good congrats but I hadn't eaten dinner yet and got home and was starving and sore and veto-ed myself. I had two Morningstar chicken patties w/ light mayo and sweet relish on a hamburger bun and then I had a fistful of chips (Hailey said Dr. Oz said a fistful is good) and water. Then like two hours later I was still hungry and wanted cheese. So I thought okay I'll have cheese. It's low carb. A low carb snack. And it was allowed when I had gestational diabetes. Then I thought you know what goes well with cheese? Wine. Mmmm (okay so it's Franzia boxed white zinfadel thanks to my cheap husband but hey wine is wine sometimes). So I poured a glass and a half of wine. Then I thought back to my gestational diabetes diet and thought... who knows when I'll eat next I should just make a low carb snack so I ate like 12 turkey pepperoni slices or 20. I wasn't counting. So I guess YAY for me that I walked with Hailey and I am SORE - dang- already. It hurts to walk especially like the back of my hips. Like the far outside portion of my upper butt cheeks. Burning. And my feet are killing me even though I wore tennis shoes. But BOO that I splurged and ate late anyway. Baby steps I guess.

Hailey did this on her Facebook so I thought eh what the hey what else am I doing. I might as well fill one out too. I like surveys LOL and filling out stuff.


The Good:
-I'm under 200 pounds post-pregnancy
-I like to dance
-I have the tools and resources - feet, heart rate monitor, two class passes to two different gyms, a Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus/balance board, weights, weighted balls, giant ball, workout dvds, Dr. Phil's workout book, TDP, TDP friends/support system, general support system
-I have time well basically since Zoe is pretty easy and we have a pretty open schedule all day
-I've tried probably every single workout option in my lifetime and know what I like and don't like already.
-I have eaten healthy in the past and know what I SHOULD be eating and SHOULD NOT be eating.
-I don't really have a set goal but just want to be healthier for Zoe. I don't want to be a fat Mom on the playground.

The Bad:
-I suck at drinking water
-I have zero willpower when it comes to food and sitting on my couch
-I like to use my child as an excuse to not work out
-I like to make excuses in general
-I quickly lose the motivation to workout after a little while goes by
-I know portion control/portion sizes yet throw them out the window when I'm hungry for something.
-Most of what I eat is a craving and therefore I justify that I'm allowed to eat it as much as I want.


What I Need to Do:
-Drink more water
-Get off my ass/couch
-Step it up
-Go to Zumba
-Stick with it
-Create goals
-Challenge myself and not others (even though for me working out is SO much more fun when its challenging other people and making it a social event)
-Be accountable and take pictures. I found that when I was working out last and had a decent body that taking pictures of my body - good, bad and ugly - helped me truly see myself for what I was and not lie to myself.
-Fix food habits! More specifically - stop justifying portion sizes, cravings and using new Mom as an excuse

Work out Goal 1: Go to Zumba on Thursday at 630p at Hamilton Sports Complex. No excuses.
Food Goal 1: Eat breakfast at 8am, eat lunch at 1230pm, eat small dinner after gym
Food Goal 2: Drink at least 4 glasses of water/32 oz.

And now for my motivation and okay because I'm obsessed with my child. And a few random pics.

Taken tonight - 9/29
Taken Tuesday 9/28

































































First time wearing dress

















Some sample pics from her professional shoot






























Six week post partum belly - taken 9/28


























And just because it seems so long ago but its only been 6 weeks!

Me, two days before going into labor - August 13 - 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment