Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

3.05.2010

13 weeks, 4 days

Sigh. I am annoyed right now. I keep getting yelled at from some woman on babycenter. It's so dumb. Why do people have to be such jerks? (see vent below)

I just ate some oatmeal and now I'm drinking coffee.

I have the babysitting kids today. I didn't take them yesterday because I had stuff I wanted to get done and I woke up with a low patience level so I didn't want to be yelling at them all afternoon either because that's not fair. So instead I played it low key and then spent some of the afternoon running errands. I got my blood work all done. Went to the library. Got DQ. Came home and Ian was home for class. So I saw him for a little bit and then he went to bed early and I stayed up because I wasn't tired.

I wish it was a little warmer out so the kids and I could play outside again all afternoon. I took them out Tuesday when I had them but it was SO cold after being out there for a while. I like those days where I can babysit and sit on the porch and read magazines in the sun and watch them play on their bikes. Those are the days. :) Entertaining four kids of different ages indoors for months is hard work! It's not like school where they are there to learn. I tried making up lesson plans and schedules for them which seems to work. They are much happier on schedules. I'm surprised at some of the things they remember doing though. Like a week or two ago I made up my own lyrics for the cupid shuffle and they remembered that I did that and wanted me to do it again. LOL I just did it to keep them less annoying while the cookies baked. LOL I need ideas.

Alright I feel better. I'm goin to drink more coffee and watch Wife Swap. Today's first episode is a country hick woman with out of control teenage boys (that wrestle, run crazy, cursing, drive cars on the property at 9 years old) and the dad is like eh whatever. The other mom is a woman who has renamed herself legally to Deevah. HAHAHA It's so great. The other mom is all like I KNOW YOU DID'T. This show is so great.



[vent] I am feeling overwhelmed right now by all the negativity that comes with pregnancy. It's like you say oh I had a Coke or oh I had some coffee or oh don't always believe statistics formed by journalists and people like jump down your ass like you are the worse pregnant person ever. Even people you barely know!! Or don't know at all! It's just so dumb to me. I feel like I can't have an opinion or make an educated decision my whole pregnancy. I like advice and obviously if I ask for your opinion on here it's not the same because I am saying hey what's your opinion. I just mean people on Facebook or babycenter that just read your status or post or whatever and chirp in with something negative. It's so dumb. Why can't I just have a presence online without feeling attacked all the dang time? This new girl though is really pissing me off because she is in my private group on babycenter and I have NEVER seen her even post before and the ONE time she posts on our group it's to attack me. She made a comment about some special she saw (hello February sweeps) about the death of moms during c-sections. I simply made the fact that yes, c-sections are dangerous but if you saw it on some news special that doesn't mean it's a new epidemic. It's statistics skewed to get ratings. I just don't see the point in scaring people into crap. I mean anything can happen while you are pregnant/in labor/delivering to you or the baby. So what are you supposed to do? Avoid life? Avoid every food out there and eat grass? People are so oversensitive and stupid sometimes. [/end vent]

4 comments:

  1. UGH sorry you even had to vent about that. It seems that there are a lot of "opinions" out there and as soon as you disagree people jump down your throat. I am done with even sharing my thoughts on most things haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be prepared for the unsolicited advice to continue even after the baby is born. It really sucks, but I deal with it a lot from certain friends and family members. They are all really well-intentioned, but it gets on my nerves a lot. I did a lot of things you aren't "supposed" to do during pregnancy. I ate cold deli meat, I drank caffeine every once in a while, I stayed on my anti-depressant, I continued to lift weights at the gym, I took hot showers, I slept on my stomach until I simply couldn't anymore...I'm sure there's a lot more. Trust me...I had so many lectures from other women about this stuff. You'll learn to get a pretty thick skin about things, but it's still really frustrating and doesn't get any less annoying. You're a smart girl, you're informed about pregnancy, and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my pregnant friends said she appreciates advice when it comes like this "here's what I did that worked..." not "YOU SHOULD do this.." I try to remember that when I want to put my 2 cents in about things (not pregnancy though..I dont have any cents about that..ha!)...just hang in there...pregnancy is like other things...one day they say exercise 30 minutes/day..then the next they turn around and say no, you have to work out for 50 minutes/day, in short bursts (I'm just making this up as an example)..sometimes you think dang, I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't...there's a lot of stuff out there that we'll never know the answers to..you just have to look at what we DO know and make an educated decision for YOU...from what I've read you are trying to do that..You can't go crazy trying to listen to the billions of bad things that could happen......tell people to keep their 2 cents (if it's negative!)..hang in there girl. Ignore the people that they think know everything...GA Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mindy, just like I was saying on your other post, people get real spicy real quick! I get that having a baby is like the most important thing you can do on this planet and I respect that but I don't understand why people get SO passionate about it, enough to attack someone. For instance the circumcision thing, I thought everybody had circumcisions, and then my 2 preggers cousins chime in with the "I would never do that to my child, that's horrible, that's INHUMANE!" and I was like whoa, okay, I'm gonna exit this conversation now and keep my opinions to myself. LOL. Anyway you are doing a great job Mindy and you seem very well informed and you are SMART enough to make good decisions.

    ReplyDelete