Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

5.03.2010

22 weeks! Maternity Monday/Random

I made another vlog (a video blog) this morning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHKC4MYCQnM

I was so tired when I made it I hope its coherent.

I have MAJOR heartburn right now from eating too fast and then eating chili. LOL OUCH. I've had it now for hours and finally took something because I burped and my throat was even more on fire. It's just like sitting in my throat/chest not moving like this lava acid. We'll see if the old wives tale is right because I've had heartburn now like multiple times in the last week or so eating the same foods I've been eating my whole pregnancy. So if she's growing hair in this stage, she's getting a full head of it. If she's like me as a baby, she will have a FULL head of thick, dark hair. I think Ian had hair as a baby too. I'll have to look at our pics.













Who's who? LOL Man, we are the cutest kids ever. Our kid is going to be freakin adorable. Look at those faces. Ian is on the left at 17 days old and I'm on the right at 1 month old. I think Ian still has that haircut HAHA I don't know when abouts babies grow  hair but here is our next comparison pic














This is both of us at 3 months (umm self explanatory but just in case... Ian is on the left and I'm on the right). I'm already rockin' bangs and in the back I think it was getting curls too. But we still both have hair! Ian's sister has thicker hair than I do! So if its genetic, I think our kid will come out with lots of hair. Luckily, both sides of Zoe's family were blessed with some good hair genes!

SO I dunno.

Anyway in other news.... the baby (like I blogged yesterday) is 22 weeks today. She hasn't moved around at all yet today. I'm sure she's fine. We have an appointment on Wednesday (normal appt. not because of that).
According to Babycenter... 
This week her lips, eyebrows and eyelashes are becoming more distinct and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily. And she's the length of a spaghetti squash and almost a pound!

















In other news...
- We got Netflix today and are already obsessed with "Weeds". We can get it instantly on our TiVo. It's a show about this surburban Mom who sells pot. It's really good. We watched the first five episodes of season 1 tonight. We also got 'Dexter: Season 1' (on instant Netflix - to watch later) and then DVD wise I qued 'Good Will Hunting' (which I want to see again), a bunch of Kevin Smith movies, 'My Sisters Keeper', Madagascar 2, The Little Mermaid. I think thats it... any other suggestions? p.s. to baby Claire - now you can watch your shows automatically here too when you stop by LOL I'll instant download you some Barney.

-My former editor is coming over tomorrow at noon to interview me for a freelance piece she's writing about people addicted to Farmville. I'm excited. I kind of feel like a nerd but its okay. I have to have my picture taken too...

- I'm also in a weird position job-wise but I hate talking employment stuff on here... message me on facebook or bbc or email if you want more info.

- I made crockpot chili today so I could have homemade chili cheese dogs. It's yummy. See above: heartburn.

I guess that's all. Oh wait I was going to do Maternity Monday...
How far along? 22 weeks.

Total weight gain/loss: no update still +4 lbs ... find out Wednesday if more

Maternity clothes? Yup. Buying maternity leggings soon (maybe tomorrow?) and need new bras!

Stretch marks? yup new ones this on my boobs.

Sleep: I miss sleep already LOL I haven't been sleeping very well between the super hot flash temperatures I have. I am SO warm! Not like feverish. Just always HOT. Pre-preg I was always freezing. And covered in blankets. Now, I am sweating in blankets, sweating in clothes! Sometimes I just sit naked under my bedroom fan because I am so warm. I haven't taken a hot shower in weeks because its too hot! I take lukewarm to cool showers (not brr freezing just not HOT). So sleeping sucks. Even with a box fan. And the window open. And shorts and a tank top on (I am weird about sleeping naked). Last night, I was up until 2a and finally got tired and went to bed and peed before bed and completely fell sound asleep on the toilet. I was out. I woke up with a stiff butt and stiff back and stiff neck LOL like what time is it? I have no idea how long I was asleep. Then when I went to bed I was so tired that I didn't roll around like I usually do so I only slept on one side so when I woke up my one hip was killing me from all the weight and pressure! So ya sleep lately, not so great.

Best moment this week: Like I say every week its only Monday. LOL my best moment today was probably talking to Ros about the interview. I'm excited.

Movement: She's sound asleep today but was awake last night.

Food cravings: I thought glazed donuts but I ate like the whole box of donut holes almost and now I'm over it. LOL I've been drinking a lot of water today. And eating pb&j a lot in the last few days.

Symptoms: boob is still leaking. it's kind of exciting in a weird way. i hope it means I can breastfeed okay. Maybe instead of normal feeding I'll just stick a spicket or something my boobs and hose it to her. Other symptoms: see above under Sleep.

Gender: Still a girl as far as I know.

Labor Signs: None yet this week thank God. So far it's been low drama!

Belly Button in or out? Innie but waiting for it to POP - it still looks like a B instead of  D bump. I dunno... Thoughts?


















What I miss: Wine. It seems like every show I've been watching lately people are downing cocktails, beers and glasses of wine. Yum.

What I am looking forward to: Appointment on Wednesday, birth prep class on Wednesday, babymoon in June! baby showers! registering this month!!! Tons of stuff! I have 4 weeks to get to the viability stage (just in case she randomly comes pre-term - 26 weeks is usually the min. on when they make it out okay - I think)

Weekly Wisdom: Homemade chili = heartburn

Milestones: Everyday boob leaking? LOL

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I was hot before pregnant, and after was COLD!

    Your belly will get to the D stage. Just wait! I think maybe by.... mmm..... 6 months I was for sure a D!

    ReplyDelete