I am just copying and pasting this from my Babycenter post.
I finally got out my laptop again. Ya the update is that yesterday my cervix got shorter instead of longer and my doctor at the other hospital (that doesn't have equipment for NICU babies until 25 weeks) said just in case we are transfering you to IU Med Center which is connected with Riley's Children's Hospital. They have more equipment for 24 week babies. So if anything should happen at 24 weeks, she will have a better chance. And Riley is an AWESOME hospital. They deal with cancer kids and all that. So we went ahead and transfered. The major difference is that IU Med Center is a normal hospital in downtown Indy and a teaching hospital and they are more like we do this every day, let's get this job done, medical, straight forward. Whereas, Community North (where I was) is known to be (and is) more of a hotel than a hospital. I mean the staff there is amazing but its seriously like a hotel with I.V.s and nurses up there. So this hospital is like a normal hospital. And I've never been in a hospital before besides Community North. SO the hospital difference shock was a LOT LOT LOT for us to handle. We seriously saw like 25 doctors in like 2 hours last night. Because since its a teaching hospital we get doctors coming in like Grey's Anatomy like a WHOLE TEAM of doctors and not just like one doctor. So it was a LOT overwhelming. But now its settled down. And we are back on track and just taking things hour by hour again. Day by day.
I reported the shit nurses I've had to the Nurse HR person that came in. So that's taken care of. I also told the Nurse HR person my situation and how I've never been in a hospital really before so at least my nurses can be a little bit more motherly with me! I also saw the hospital psych person today since my chart and I both clearly discuss my anxiety issues in the past 10 years. So that was calming and nice. My day nurse today has been great. Ian has been an amazing rock these past 24 hours. WOW. It's amazing like how much closer this has brought us. And Zoe is still in there!
So I guess things are looking up. For now. But like I said we are taking things hour by hour, day by day.
I took control of my situation last night and demanded that I have the bedside commode and strict bedrest like the other hospital and they have respected that and catered to it. I am not doing anything that I will regret later if something should happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! ZOE HAS AN AMAZING MOTHER!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Stick to your guns, follow your heart and gut....!
ReplyDeleteYou're already an amazing mama!! Doing what you gotta for your baby girl!
Go girl! You gotta be your own advocate. I pray for you guys each morning hoping that Miss Zoe will stay in her little womb as long as possible.
ReplyDelete