Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

5.10.2010

23 weeks today!

I'm still excited I'm 23 weeks today despite all the complications this past week. She is technically viable (meaning they will try to save her if she comes out) but I/we would have to be transported to Riley's Children's Hospital in downtown Indy/IU Med Center in downtown Indy. So hopefully she stays in! They would take her in the NICU here at 25 weeks so I have two more weeks for that. Most doctors consider 24 weeks viable but obviously the longer the baby cooks, the better chance of survival outside of the womb. So... tomorrow morning the head of the NICU here is supposed to come talk to Ian and I just to give us information in case something should happen like pre-term labor. It's nerve-wrecking to even THINK about going into labor this early. I'm not even six months pregnant yet.

Anyway I spent most of my day sulking and napping. Ian went home to work from home because their was a Comcast outage in our area and so the banks were freakin out. I finally stopped sulking around 3ish and ordered lunch. I got Carolyn as a nurse again. She's my 3-11p nurse today. She's super nice. Kind of like a Mom-ish nurse. She's so adorable. I bet her kids really like her as a Mom. :) I hope my night nurse is a good one! I should be starting to get more double nurses since I've been here through rotations. Carolyn has been here 3 times since I've been here but only my nurse twice. And I had Megan (the SUPER AWESOME ultrasound tech today) again today. So maybe I'll have a nurse tonight I've had. I'm starting to pick favorites already... I mean seriously some of these nurses are just more on it than others. And some are nicer. And some are more maternal with me. And some are more buddies with me and my age. My 7-3 nurse today was younger than me! I felt old. I mean really what else is there to do on bedrest besides TV, Internet and play rate the nurse. LOL oh and I also REALLY look forward to room service at my door. There is something about a different guest every day bringing you stuff. I get excited when people stop by .. even nurses. And I'm learning who is who based on noises since there is a curtain and wall blocking my door. I know that my doctor washes her hands in my sink before she comes in and I know the sound of the dining cart in the hallway and my nurses are usually the default. Some of them say their name before they come in but others just come in. I like when they identify themselves first... at least I feel like I have a little privacy.

I took pictures of my room today and my 23 week belly and put them on Facebook and on Babycenter (under my pictures). I'm going to see if I can post them here too. I guess I am in better spirits than I was earlier. I've calmed down a lot. Had some time to be introspective. I've been watching last week's shows I missed on Hulu that Ian set up through his server at home since the hospital blocks huge bandwidth sites like Hulu and Netflix. That's about it for now. Ian is eating dinner at the neighbors and at home getting stuff done so I ordered a grilled chicken sandwhich, side caesar salad, cheese pizza (to see if its spicy like the pepperoni pizza), mashed pototoes with gravy, fries with cheese on the side, a bag of chips, two chocolate brownies (one for Ian when he gets here) and 4 lemonades. You get two entrees and four sides so usually I just order stuff and put it in the fridge for later. Plus sometimes it gets here and I'm not hungry for it. I don't eat ALL of it! GEEZ! I swear. If the sandwich is better than the pizza or vice versa I'll dump one. But if they are both okay I'll eat the sanwhich and fridge the pizza. I'm hungry! Can you tell?

Lemme post pics... hang on

















 this is my room if I look to my right.


















further to my right. my contractions monitor computer, nurses cabinets, curtain by my door














this is if I look straight and to my left a little. there is a curtained area for Dads and in there is a couch that folds out into a bed, a lamp/table, some shelves, a tv, a dvd player, a mini fridge, a microwave and two chairs (but we moved them out here) it also has two HUGE like floor to ceiling windows (that have shades). this picture has shades down.














man cave shades up. this was when i first got here - hence my real pants and flip flops on.














this is my bedside rolling tray thing. it usually has on it - my contacts, glasses, a hair tie, contact solution, water bottle, food menu, kleenex, condiments cup, pen and then whatever else I need to throw away but can't reach the trash can LOL so in this picture that would be - old heating pads, cup, soy milk container. OH and my Netflix dvd is up there.


















this was my I.V. that I thankfully ditched after a few days. It was AWFUL.


















this was some monitor they had me on for a little after my surgery














this is me after my surgery watching 17 again on TV. My back was killing me from the spinal at this point.


















Me today after I stopped sulking and took my 23 week belly pictures as best as I could.


















23 week belly. The thing around my belly is my Toco - my contractions montior. I keep it on all the time.














23 week belly and my little space. Bed, tray, laptop, Toco... hanging out.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that today didn't turn out the way we wanted it to turn out. I really hoped you came home, but, as long as Zoe stays in there, it doesn't matter if you're at home or the hospital!

    ReplyDelete