I'm 23 weeks, 6 days pregnant. Almost to 24 weeks, my first milestone. Well every hour/night/day is a milestone. It's a little longer she's in there cooking...
I just moved into my new room on 2 South unit. I was in the OB ICU for the last 3 days since I got at IU Med Center. 2 South is more calming to me because it means I guess I'm more stable? They feel better about her staying in? Not sure. But not having the ICU at the end makes me feel better. My nurse over here is nice. Her name is Stacy and she has SIX kids. She doesn't even look 40. Her youngest is 5 months old. So that's about all I'm doing.
Mom left to go back home today and Ian is still at our house so I'm just sitting here on my computer... I took some pictures of my new room. It's not very big. I think its smaller than my dorm room. And the a/c doesn't work or something now and its hot in here. Not like super hot but hot for pregnant people. I had them open the door a little so I could get some air from the hallway.
I had my first round of progesterone things today. They are like little cone shaped pills you put up your girl parts that apparently keep the baby in longer. Whatever helps. I also get two shots every day - one in morning and one in afternoon of Heprin (I always call it Hepburn because 1. it sounds like Katherine/Audrey and 2. because it BURNS when it goes in my system). It's for blood clots. I also have to wear the Ted hoes for blood clots AND be on SCDs for blood clots. They are WAY more worried about blood clots at this hospital then at Community North. It's a good thing I find the Ted hoes so sexy. LOL kidding. I'll take a picture.
the crappy ultrasound scary place when we first arrived
OB ICU ROOM PICS
Mom washed my hair with this hair wash cap thing they had
They moved me from OB ICU to 2 South (the longer term unit)
















Glad things are going well!! I loved that hair cap after my cancer surgeries!! MIRACLE WORKER!
ReplyDeleteLove your updates.... thinking of you both.
ReplyDelete