Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

5.02.2010

Almost 22 weeks!

I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow already!!! CRAZY. AND it's May which means I get TWO doctor appointments instead of just one! I have a regular appointment on May 5 and an ultrasound (to check my partial placenta previa movement) on May 20! And on May 5, Ian and I are starting our 5-week baby class (not lamaze and birth stuff yet... just like a Babies 101 class LOL to educate you on pregnancy, labor and delivery, babies, post-partum). They are free and given by the hospital so we thought eh why not? If we need a refresher later, we can just attend one. I figured either way it can't hurt any to go!

At 22 weeks, Zoe is the size of a papaya (I read ahead today) and tonight Ian and I were at the grocery store and they had papayas on sale and I held one up and went LOOK HONEY this is how big Zoe is this week!!! And he goes that thing is huge! He thought when I said earlier that she was the size of a papaya that a papaya was a mango. Did that make sense? Like when I said papaya, in his head he pictured a mango. Anyway. The papaya was really heavy for fruit. And I held it up to my belly (well over my shirt) just to see how big it was. LOL I'm a nerd.

I have a busy week planned. I bought new Magic Erasers at the store tonight so I am going to clean my baseboards either tomorrow or Tuesday. And I bought stuff to make crock pot chili so I'm going to do that tomorrow - so I can have homemade chili cheese dogs!!!! Instead of going out and buying them for like $5 a pop. The chili ingredients only costs $3 total. The hot dogs for a 10-pack are like $2.50 and the shredded cheese was like $1.50. So I can essentially have TEN chili cheese dogs for ($3+$2.50+$1.50/10= .15) FIFTEEN CENTS a piece!! Well the buns were like $1 for 8 so like a quarter a piece. Either way cheaper than $3-$5.

I am still trying to figure out my baby registry.... I'm afraid I'm forgetting stuff! I've even looked at the must have lists.. I dunno.

OH AND I need to get new bras. Does anyone have any suggestions as to wear to get them (store or online - doesn't matter) I just don't want to go buy a $50 Victoria Secret bra when obviously I might not stay this size...

Anyway I took my 22 week pictures today and had Ian take some of me (so all my pics weren't just done in the bathroom mirror!)

So here are the pics





























































































































































































































































3 comments:

  1. I am at a similar spot with the bras......me and my tiny frame have decided to stick at a 36DD or 36E for a bit......I feel like a porn star!

    I would go someplace nicer (Motherhood Maternity, or a high end department store to get fitted - DO NOT go VS, I am convinced they size you wrong...) Otherwise Destination Maternity at the Fashion Mall does a good job. That being said, once you have your size, heck, you can get them at Wal-Mart or anywhere you like...try them on and choose what is in your budget. My ladies are so crazy that most places don't carry my size, do I bought a few from Pea in the Pod for around $30 a pop, but it was more than worth it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian O'Malley bras from Target were just rated the best bras in Consumer Reports magazine, and most of them are under $15. I have 3 regular ones, and they also make maternity bras. They are awesome! I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opted for a maternity store and did the nursing bra jump (ba of choice: motherhood maternity around $25.00), I also bought with the thought that I will fill in a bit more.... The nursing bra's are interesting but comfortable!!

    You may want to consider an overnight bra... You have probably heard of them, if not, they are like a sports bra just not as restricting. I am keeping my ladies supported 24/7 now since they have gotten so weighed down!!

    ReplyDelete