I told Ian last night I was definitely 100 percent having a natural birth. I looked it up and researched it and I am for certain that is what I want. My reasoning is that God built my body as a woman to have babies. My whole body is meant for childbirth. I have boobs to feed. I have girl parts to make the baby. I have hips to birth the baby. I don't think that there is a need for medicine to help that along. If it hurts, oh well it hurts. There isn't one woman I know with children who can even recall most of their childbirth. Sure they can say oh ya it hurt, oh ya I had contractions forever, blah blah but NONE of them remember or flashback to the pain. So I say why bother. I'll get through it. If it hurts, so be it. I'm serious too. I don't want anyone giving me meds. And I'm not just saying that now - it's really a personal thing for me. I have been on meds for 10 years now for everything. And this is one thing I want to do med-free.
Hubby was surprised because I hate pain but supportive. I said if you don't want to deal with me we can get a doula. And he said he thought doulas were dumb. I said this is what I want and this is what I'm doing and I want you to make sure all the doctors and nurses know this and I tell you I want drugs I want you to tell me no even if I threaten you. LOL
Edited to add: This is only if I have a normal birth and everyone is healthy during it. If at any point in time anything is needed medication wise or surgery wise for the baby or I then yes I would be completely okay with drugs. I just mean that I don't want an epidural or Pitocin (if I can avoid it) mostly. And if I can avoid an episotomy that would be great - I heard they could just massage the area down there and it might not rip who knows. I just think I can handle the pain itself by itself without meds if it is a normal healthy going fine vaginal birth.
2.25.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are one brave woman! Go Mindy!!!!!!
ReplyDelete