From babycenter.com: Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
I also read the other day that if you shine a flashlight on my stomach right now that the baby will react and covers its eyes! Isn't that cute!!??
I bought a few tanks at Old Navy with my ON card free money on Sunday.


Julie gave me her double breast pump, Snugli AND a bunch of maternity clothes!
Wow those pictures I just put in of my tank tops were a pain in the butt to put in today. Anyway I am feeling pretty good lately. Since I got back on caffeine I've been feeling actually alert and not so tired. I was more active on vacation so hopefully now that I am back I can find more stuff to do.
That's about it. I'm going to make some dinner, eat and watch the Bachelor.



Oh my gosh, I totally remember putting the flashlight up to my stomach. LOL. Also, I'll pull down my big box of maternity clothes from the attic, and you can take whatever you want. Unfortunately, most of my maternity clothes are long-sleeved because it was cold by the time I really needed them. However, I know I have some short-sleeve stuff in there that you'll be able to use in the summer. I also have pants (and maybe some capris???).
ReplyDelete