Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

2.21.2010

Strollers/Months

Ian randomly mentioned strollers to me tonight. He loves being a dad-to-be just on the inside! He said what are your thoughts on strollers? And I said they have to have space for stuff and hold the baby comfortably/be durable/last a while. And he said I do NOT want a HUGE stroller. They are such a pain because they are so HUGE. I want a jogger stroller just because they are aerodynamic looking and not giant. I found this one that I LOVE. It's the Dream On Me 482 (or just Dream On Me Lightweight Tripod Style Stroller - Gray/Blue).




































It also comes in grey/red. The seat reclines and it can hold up to 45 pounds. Lemme know what you think... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3754302

So then I was just looking at other stuff to put on my Babies R Us wish list and I was looking at clothes and couldn't figure out months in my head (even though I know sometimes 3 month old babies fit in 6 months old clothes, etc.) but just in general for long sleeved short sleeved purposes....

If born September - NB, 0-3 will be Sept, Oct, Nov., Dec ( so LS)
3-6 will be Dec, Jan, Feb, March (so LS)
6-9 will be March, April, May, June (so maybe LS and SS)
9-12 will be June, July, August, Sept (so SS and maybe a hoodie)

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I agree with not going with a massive stroller. Don't get me wrong...I *loved* our stroller, but it's so big that we have trouble getting down some of the aisles in the stores. The only thing I don't like about the one stroller you posted above is that it doesn't look like it has a cup holder or snack holder on the front of it which will be really important once the baby gets to be about 1 year old. Drinks and snacks within reach really help to occupy a bored baby when you're out shopping. The other thing I recommend about getting a stroller is be sure to go to a store and physically try out the model stroller to make sure it moves smoothly, turns smoothly, isn't a pain in the ass to collapse and pull up, etc. The strollers all look so great online, but then you'll notice in person that a lot of that are actually really crappy.

    As for clothing sizes, I think it's almost impossible to really estimate what clothing sizes he/she is in because they all grow differently. The first year is the hardest year to judge what sizes they'll be in. For example, Claire actually wore "premie" sizes for 2 months, was in newborn sizes for a month, but then hit a growth spurt and went straight to 3-6 month sizes. Be sure to get at least a couple of "premie" size things just in case the baby is under 7 pounds. You'll be surprised how MASSIVE some of the "newborn" sizes even run.

    Also, and this is only my opinion, I wouldn't register for a lot of clothes. You're gonna get so many of them anyway, regardless of if you register for them or not. I would have much rather someone having had bought me formula, bottles, diapers, or other essential stuff like than clothes if they were looking at my registry list and had to make a choice. Again, take all this with a grain of salt, but I ended up with so many clothes that she never wore half of them.

    ReplyDelete