Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

2.22.2010

12 weeks!!!!!!

I am so emotional today. I find that I am more emotional on my week changes than other times. I think it's because I am getting closer to having it and I think more about it. I dunno. Today I can feel myself on the verge of crying like all day. Like I just need a good cry but can't. I called my doctor's office today because I got sick of reading all these confusions on when you start your second trimester! And I just wanted them to confirm when it actually happens. They said that it officially starts at 13 weeks 3 days. So at least now I know. That made me happy. I felt dumb calling but I guess it's better to call for something dumb than always something serious. It was the first time I've called.

I have a headache again today. And my boobs are sore again. I took my 12 week pictures today! I'll post them here. I just feel bloated and icky today. I think I need to drink more water. Maybe go sit outside or something just to get fresh air. I can't wait until its warmer out!!!!

I keep pushing on my belly because I know the baby moves when I do it even though I can't feel it yet. It is amusing for some reason. I hate this middle section between appointments. The lull. It just seems like 10 weeks to 14 weeks is SO LONG. I still have two more weeks until my appointment. I wish I had an appointment every week just so I could hear and see it. It gets lonely not being able to see or hear inside.

I dunno I'm just down today. It's baby week on Discovery Health. I've been watching some of it but all these people are like 34 weeks or more so I can't relate yet. And I want a complete list or book of what to expect AFTER you give birth. Why can I not find this? I know about the pregnancy. I know about the pushing, contractions, crowning. I know you cut the umbilicial cord. And then it kind of cuts off. I know at some point between the baby itself coming out and leaving the hospital you somehow rid of the placenta but that's it. What else happens?! I want someone to give me a play by play from head coming out to 6 months based on the MOM. I know what the baby does, there are books. I want to know what I'll be doing. And what is all this lochia or whatever business. Someone give me the real scoop or recommend a book or something.

1 comment:

  1. Haha...okay, here is post-head-coming-out based on my experience:

    You'll run on sheer adrenoline for the first few days. Your body and brain will be tired, but you won't really notice it yet because there is too much going on with guests coming to see you, people calling, trying to figure out how to feed the baby, etc.

    The fatigue will *really* set in after the baby is a week old. You'll feel so tired but possibly have a hard time going to sleep because you'll be worried about the baby all the time. Your adrenoline will start to fade. You'll be moody, emotional, and probably cry a lot. Now is the time when you'll really want people to help you out but most of my company had left by this point.

    You'll worry how you're going to handle things on your own during the day when your husband goes back to work. I felt very overwhelmed during this period and had a hard time actually enjoying the newborn stage because of this.

    The best moments will be when the baby is in your arms sleeping peacefully so you can nod off yourself for a few minutes at a time.

    Your house will probably get neglected for a while, and your cats will too. Your cats will be super needy but pissed off at the same time because there's this weird alien-thing to them that is taking up all your time away from them.

    Your girl parts will be sore for a while after giving birth, especially if you have tearing. You won't be able to wipe using toilet paper, so they give you a spray bottle with warm water and wet wipes to "blot" after you go to the bathroom. I had to do this for about a week afterward. It hurt to sit for a long period of time without discomfort for about two weeks.

    And then will come the GIANT BLUR.

    Looking back, I hardly remember anything from the first 6 months other than feeling overwhelmed and tired. I was just too tired to be able to focus on anything long enough to remember it. It's so weird how few details I remember from this time period, and I was too tired to write anything down. I remember the basics of my daily routine:

    I fed Claire a bottle every 3 hours, burped her, held her, read her books, sang to her, tried to get her to like "tummy time" which she never did, let her swing in her swing, tried to nap when she napped, bathed her every few days, changed her 4-5 times a day because she spit up so much from acid reflux, dealt with BAD colic because she was so gassy...she cried for about 3 hours straight every night for the first 2-3 months between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. At night, she woke up every 1.5 hours for the first 2 months and then woke up every 3 hours to feed until she was 1 year old. She never slept through the night and still doesn't. Now, at 2 years old, she sleeps 12 hours total at night but wakes up every 5-6 hours.

    At 6 months, the baby starts to get really fun. They learn to sit up and start to act like a real little person instead of just a little thing that lays there and looks at you. They start to mimic things you do, and you can start to incorporate solids into their diet which is fun.

    I have a really good book you can have that talks about everything that you'll experience in the first year after the baby is born. Can't think of the title off the top of my head... I'll have to look for it.

    Basically, the first 6 months is a day-by-day thing. You're super tired, trying to get yourself and the baby on a routine, dealing with possible feelings of loneliness and the house after your husband goes back to work... I was stir crazy in the house a lot because it was wintertime and couldn't go outside. At the same time, I GOT THROUGH IT! :) Your baby changes so much in the first 6 months, and you'll be amazed every single day because he/she will doing something new all the time. You'll fall in love with him/her immediately, and, even though you're really tired, you do what you have to do to get through your days because you realize how much they entirely depend on you to care for them.

    ReplyDelete