Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

6.21.2010

29 weeks - giant update

Featuring baby registry, nursery, baby shower, 29 weeks info and belly pics, chest pains and update, gestational diabetes update

Baby Registry and some nursery info
The baby registry is finalized or at least 99 percent done (finally). I had started it online at like 12 weeks pregnant or so just adding stuff here and there mostly for fun. And then after all this happened, I gave up on it. I had planned originally for Ian and I to drive to Mishawaka and go to the actual stores closest to where most of my baby shower attendees lived – to make sure that the things on my registry, you could actually buy in store. A lot of my relatives are not technologically savvy enough to order things offline. BUT due to my current situation, I did all of my registry online and am having my Mom go to the stores up there and printing out my registries and seeing if the majority of the items I registered for are also available in store as well as online. I know a lot of times things are only sold online and not sold in stores and that’s what I’m concerned about.

The registry itself was a total group effort. I cannot take full credit for how marvelous I find it. I reached out to family, friends, Facebook, nurses, Twana (my friend at the hospital who is a PSA (housekeeping). Those people have  helped me and answered my questions about what to put on my registry in terms of what I need, don’t need, want, don’t want, brands, quantity – you name it. I am truly truly grateful for all the support and help I have received creating it. After I did a rough registry, I sent it to friends/family and had them look it over and comment. Then I edited it and changed it – much like writing a book. LOL finally when I felt it was as complete as I could get it from my side, I presented it Ian.

Ian may not be pregnant but he has a lot of opinions on everything LOL which I knew. He went through and vetoed stuff and questioned stuff. It was actually really cute. He had a really big opinion on breast pumps. That was probably the biggest surprise. I think the price of the one I had registered for (that research showed was the best model and worth the money). Understandable. So we looked into other options and talked to Nurse Stephanie and Nurse Vanessa (who have kids) and Twana. He also had a thing against bottles that have liners and was unsure about why you need so many bottle types/brands. I relied solely on Julie for bottle advice and he always trusts Julie’s judgment because she’s logical and frugal like he is (in a good way). So once he understood from Julie and later the nurses that babies choose what bottle brand/nipple they like best, it was okay. Apparently, which I was unaware of, some bottle companies have specific developed nipples and some are longer, wider, shaped more like a breast. It was really interesting learning about all this stuff. I just figured they were all the same besides price. I still have to learn about the difference between a breast milk bottle and a regular bottle. So the whole registry in itself was a giant learning experience for both of us. After going through and deleting stuff or changing stuff, Ian then went and added some of his own registry things such as a thing to go under the car seat so the baby doesn’t get crumbs all over the car, baby monitors that were quality but not super expensive, etc. It was actually a really fun like couple bonding experience. I was surprised at how much stuff we agreed on and what questions Ian came up with. I guess with guys they never seem interested in pregnancy or baby stuff as much as girls so I was really surprised he cared so much about the registry. I mean I sit around and think about this stuff and analyze it LOL so maybe he’s just not a freak like I am :)


If you want to preview the registries for yourself here are the links

Babies R Us Registry (the main one) – we found that even though it is sometimes out of the way to get to one and sometimes more expensive that for the selection and variety and brands they carry outweighs the negatives

This should link you to the Babies R Us one
http://bit.ly/dBb2no

And this to the Wal-Mart one – Wal-Mart was the only place that carried the crib/nursery set I am obsessed with (that Dani is getting for me). So I mostly just used it for bigger items…
http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=80500850163

AND last night I finally found my piece de resistance (or whatever that French phrase is). I was trying desperately to tie in my two favorite things in the nursery – pink and green Nantucket plaid and safari animals. And then I found these online at Babies R Us. I talked to my Mom (who was already going to paint me some little canvas pictures for the nursery) and showed her and she said that my Aunt could probably easily make the frame part so she was going to propose the project to her today and see. Here are pictures to follow along.

Safari blanket animals


















Babies R Us animal frames













Nantucket accessories



































So my Mom is taking the concept of the frames but painting the animals (elephant, giraffe, crocodile and lion) off the blanket onto four small canvases (like 6x6 or 8x8) and then my Aunt is taking the two or four different patterns to make the frames for the art my Mom paints. I’m thinking the green and pink plaid, green gingham and maybe pink gingham. Or maybe just the green and pink plaid for two of them and then green gingham for other two. Anyway. I’m excited.

That way the nursery will have girly accents without being all pink.

Baby Shower
After much deliberation, Facebook polls, asking friends and family – I have finally decided to do at least one baby shower in the hospital. The closer I am getting to the light at the end of the tunnel (meaning full term – 36 to 40 weeks), the more nervous I am getting about the fact I barely have baby items at the house. As in nothing but clothes and a few hand me downs for Hailey. So I talked to the nurses about it and they said it was okay. I want it sometime in mid-July just in case she pops out early. Don’t know when yet or logistics. It would be nice to have it when Ian’s parents are here visiting in July but I don’t know if that would be too short of notice? I think they are coming around the 4th. Again don’t know logistics. But do know registry is ready and a shower of some sort will be here at the hospital in July.

29 weeks
I am officially 29 weeks today. I am currently drinking coffee (which is actually two-thirds black coffee and one-third French Vanilla Cappuccino from the machine in the nurses cafĂ© thing) and two Splenda. I can’t have all FVCapp like I used to because it has too much sugar in it and I’m on the gestational diabetes diet still) and so Zoe is WIDE awake and kicking and punching. She’s a big coffee fan. She doesn’t react the same way when I drink Diet Coke though. Odd but true. I will most likely get an ultrasound at some point today because I usually do on Mondays. They probably won’t measure her again because they do that every two weeks instead of every week (it takes a long time with the new machines). Side note: I think I JUST saw her move move side to side for the first time. Not like kicking but like she rolled or moved something and I saw the crawling weirdness. [end side note] Here is what the Internet says about Zoe this week.

From babygaga
Your baby is now about 2.5 pounds and over 15 inches long. If you're feeling strange little rhythmic flutters, those are baby hiccups! As for you, you're struggling with the usual lower back ache with maybe some heart burn thrown into the mix, or even constipation.

From babycenter

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.


















From thebump
Thanks to your ever-expanding uterus, it's time to welcome back the constant bathroom dashes. And try your best to forget about any emerging varicose veins -- they might be ugly, but they're harmless and should fade after delivery. Until then, avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time and make sure to get some exercise (it'll boost your circulation).

Baby's now the size of a squash!
Baby's energy is surging, thanks to white fat depositing beneath his skin. And since he's growing so fast (weight will triple by birth), things are getting kind of cramped in the womb. What does all this means for you: Get ready for some more kicks and jabs to the ribs.




















And lilypie says she now has eyebrows, eyelashes and is 3 lbs and 16 inches long.



29 week belly pics






















































Chest pains and update
So Saturday night at like 11 p.m. I started had this super stabbing feeling in my chest on the left side so I called out to my nurse. After that went away (it was a quick incident) it turned into this achy, dull, painful feeling like someone pushed me really hard. But it didn’t hurt any more or less when I took a deep breath. So I ended up getting an EKG (typical for all chest pain complaints) and that was normal. Then they put me on the blood oxygen meter thing and my oxygen saturation level was only 94 and 95 percent. So they got worried because since I’m a normal healthy pregnant person it should be more like 98 or 99. So not bad enough for oxygen or super alarm but odd. Then I got some blood drawn to check my blood count, etc. and all that came back mostly normal with the exception that my white blood cell count was high which they said could be an infection somewhere in my body or just higher because I’m pregnant. And then I got a CT Scan done (which I was really nervous about because it’s radiation and the baby and all but the used extra protection and stuff). They thought I might have a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot that moves from your heart to your lungs) but that turned out normal too. By 3 a.m.-ish the pain all went away and they never did figure out what caused any of it. I guess it wasn’t serious enough to look into anymore. That’s the last anyone said to me. It was kind of forgotten about. I might ask today about it just to make sure.

I have felt completely normal since and Zoe has been fine. She didn’t show any changes during any of this. And my oxygen level the other day was still at 95 percent so maybe third trimester makes me winded? I don’t know. I’ll ask about that today too. And the random infection blood count thing.

Ian was gone that night to get stuff done at home but I really wasn’t freaking out at all. I just called him and my Mom to keep them updated.

Gestational Diabetes Update
They apparently found all the data they needed for my blood sugar two hours AFTER I eat. I failed miserably. It was as high as 191 one time. So now they are taking data/blood sugar levels right before I eat and that has been in normal ranges. So apparently my problem is just that after I eat, my body freaks out. Not sure what this means. I do know though from talking to the Diabetes educator and the Nutrition woman that your body need for insulin peaks at 31 weeks or something. Or need for no insulin? Whatever. Basically something peaks but since I have this, I won’t be able to balance out the peak or something. LOL so I might need insulin eventually. I hope not! I don’t want another shot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment