So I try to go to sleep at like 2am (normal for me) and my lower back, hips, outer thighs near hips, etc. are hurting no matter which way I lay. So I finally get up and get my heating pad from home (its huge) and I try to go back to sleep around 3a. It still hurts but I'm drifting to sleep anyway. All the sudden I'm awaken by this loud bellowing man's voice outside my door and someone banging on the wall. Apparently, they released room 8 (my newest neighbor) from the hospital at 3am. It sounded like they were moving couches and appliances out of an apartment building and they had only been there maybe 24 hours. And the guy was talking the whole time right outside my freakin door. I was so tired at this point I kept falling asleep anyway and being woken up every time they would load another load on the cart or something outside my door. This went on for about a hour and a half. At 430a, I'm sitting up, wide awake, my legs, hips, back still hurting - my neighbors are STILL moving out crap - seriously no idea how they acquired so much stuff in 24 hours - I'm just like thinking to myself 'I'm never sleeping today'. At 445a, Dr. Evans (a resident and one of my FAVORITES) comes in and she's all excited I'm 28 weeks. And I tell her whats going on and she goes I know! We could hear them across the floor! And then she said she was going to get me Tylenol, my heartburn meds and a pillow to put between my legs to help. At 510a, my nurse Vanessa (who I also like) brought all this in and we mutually bitched about my loud neighbors and she said they were finally gone and the room was cleaned. I finally fall asleep probably around like 520a. At 745a, this RANDOM doctor comes in that I've never seen before, wakes me up and starts asking me about my baby in the nursery! I'm like my baby isn't in the nursery, she's still in here and points to my belly. He doesn't get it and thinks I'm confused and sleepy. And said oh I'll come back later when the baby is in here (meaning the room). So he leaves and I call out (when you hit the button for your nurse) and I tell Donna (who runs the nursing station call out thing during the day) what happened with the weird doctor because I didn't want some poor post-partum woman not getting a check up or something. And she tells Kim (my favorite day nurse) who comes in to see whats up. So I still have NO CLUE what happened or who this guy was but he was wearing a white jacket like a doctor. It was so strange. Kim said today that I'm having my glucose test done for gestational diabetes and some blood work taken. Hopefully I can go back to sleep for a little while at least. It's now 8am and the whole hospital on the outside of my door is bustling so I don't know if it will be quiet enough to fall back asleep. Once I'm asleep, only louder noises wake me but falling asleep it has to be super quiet. Plus my hips still hurt. We'll see!
I'll have a longer 28 week/third tri post later after I wake up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hooray for 28 weeks! That random doctor story gives me the willies... What if he wasn't a real doctor and was trying to snatch a baby??? Hope you can get some rest!
ReplyDelete