I don't want to be gross or get into details yet LOL (see below) BUT I do have something to report. And who knows down the road or if someone else pregnant reads this ... it could be helpful. So if you would like to read more... keep reading. If not, it will be treated and will be fine and is no big deal.
This post will most likely be TMI.
TMI ALERT TMI ALERT TMI ALERT TMI ALERT TMI ALERT
I mean everyone gets infections sometimes with yeast infections (which I like to call Yeasters) or an urinary tract infection, etc. So I guess its not that gross... just weird to blog about.
The discovery: So every day they ask me if I am noticing any leaking of fluid, bleeding, cramping, pressure, tightness, etc. And I noticed earlier this week (like Monday or Tuesday) that I was noticing some leakage of sorts. Not gushing but like a weird trickling kind of where my underwear were kind of wet but it didn't smell like pee and wasn't like super wet but more wet than like sweat. And I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for. So I just report everything. So when Dr. Evans asked I told her I wasn't sure what this whole leaking thing meant because they said sometimes it could be a trickle or a gush but most likely with my condition and what it looks like up there that I would feel a gush and like wet the bed with it. So I reported the trickle anyway. And she said its probably nothing and to report if there is a gush. So I said okay. I also noticed that it had been RANK down there. At first I thought ew I'll shower but then after my shower (on Tuesday or Wednesday) it was STILL stinky! And not like fishy but like rank. I dunno its hard to explain the smell. It wasn't pleasant. And I'm like what the heck I JUST showered! So after that I was like hmmm maybe its not just sweat or bad hygiene LOL so today they asked me the same questions and I said okay look this is what is going on. I have a weird liquid-y discharge (god I hate that word) and it reeks down there like sewer (okay it doesn't smell like poo just that nasty stench). So the doctor comes in to check it with a tiny q-tip swab barely up there and says it looks normal and not like amnoitic fluid. And went to microscope it. She came back and said that I have something called Bacterial Vaginosis. And that the sample showed no 'ferning' which is what it does if its amnoitic fluid at all. Which is very good! So I'm on some 7 day 2x a day pill by mouth to get rid of it.
Why this matters to pregnant people: If it goes untreated, it can cause contractions!
Things to look for: A white liquid like discharge (mine was also kind of yellow-tinted) that smells RANK (sometimes fishy but mine did not).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad it wasn't amniotic fluid! I SWEAR I was leaking before I had DD. Which is why I believe my water broke when she dropped.
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better!!!! That's gotta suck!!!!!!
ReplyDelete