First off and I never discuss politics, religion or money on my blog but I just watched the President speak from the other night (it was TiVoed accidentally during Hell's Kitchen) and I liked it. I am still a fan. I don't want to start some giant debate and I will say that I'm a fiscal Republican but a social Democrat - but usually vote more Democrat because I care more about people and social issues than money and I haven't been following this presidency like every two seconds or anything either so maybe I'm just uninformed - Not my point. I like the president because I was sick of seeing a president that could not articulate a sentence to save his life. Obama is charismatic and seems like a nice guy. Once again, not starting a debate on my blog. I could not care less about politics. So if you have a negative opinion, don't bother posting it. I am not commenting on his presidential decisions simply the fact he seems more charismatic than past presidents.
That reminds me I have to do all those little baby book things for when Zoe is born.
Just found this site I think its for a school :) http://www.personal.psu.edu/daw213/dayborn.htm
So I'll fill it out now and come back to it later...
Question 1:
The day you were born was a very special event in your parents lives. Your parents picked out a very special name for you. Why did your parents pick your name? Was it to name you after someone or something? The answer to those two questions can only be answered by your parents. When you go home tonight ask them why they chose the name they did for you.Now let's investigate what that special name really means? Click on the link below and it will take you to a website where you can search about your name. (The website should be able to find almost every common name, but remember some names are not common or have different spellings. If your name is not found, please let your teacher know and he may be able to give you some hints on ways to find it).
Answer: Dear Zoe, it's your Mom. Your Dad and I chose your name because I wanted to name you Alexandria Victoria and your Dad did not want to name you something that would be hard for you to spell in kindergarten because of so many letters. He also wanted something short and sweet like his name. So I guess in a way you were named after your dad. :) He also thought that my name sounded way too old like from medieval times. So I got to keep Alexandria for your middle name - a compromise I was happy with. And then we set off to find your first name. We didn't want something too common like Ava but wanting something about three letters that was a little unique or more unique than say 'Jane'. We were flipping through the baby name book that Cassie (our neighbor) gave us and came across Zoe. It said it meant 'life' and I liked it and so
did your dad. So you became Zoe Alexandria. We decided on the name way before we knew you were even a girl!!! If you were a boy, we thought about naming you Carter Philip.
According to the Web site suggested on this site, it says the following
- The name of Zoe creates a friendly, sociable, charming nature, but causes you to be too easily influenced by others.
- While you find it easy to meet and mix, and can appear agreeable and compromising in conversation, you can become unbending and forceful if pressed too far.
- Others learn that you cannot be told what to do and you seldom change your mind once it is made up.
- You prefer situations that allow a degree of independence, but are reluctant to take on a demanding work-load or responsibility.
- Although the name Zoe creates the urge to understand and help others, we stress that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others.
- This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and tension or accidents to the head.
The girl's name Zoe \
zoe\ is pronounced ZOH-ee, ZOH. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "life". Zooey is a variant from J.D. Salinger's novel "Franny and Zooey", although the character Zooey is a young man named Zachery. Popular in Greece. Actresses Zoe Caldwell, Zooey Deschanel.
Zoe has 7 variant forms: Zoee, Zoelie, Zoeline, Zoelle, Zoey, Zoie and Zoya.
Baby names that sound like Zoe are Sue, Zea, Zia and Zoia.
Zoe is a very common first name for women (#1189 out of 4276) but an uncommon last name for both men and women. (1990 U.S. Census)
---
And your middle name is also of Greek origin.
The girl's name Alexandria \a-lexa-ndria, alex(an)-dria\ is of Greek origin. Variant of Alexandra, influenced by name of the city in Egypt, founded by Alexander the Great in 322 BC and named in his honor. Also a place name in Louisiana, Minnesota, and Virginia.
But we are not Greek to my knowledge anyway -- maybe on your dad's side? I'll ask.
Answer: Well technically, you are still in the womb. So we can't really answer this one. I guess based on your due date ... you'd be -81. Here is the link for future reference - http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
Question 3: What happened on your birthday?
Answer: Well I don't know exactly when your birthday is yet and I can't predict the future BUT I can tell you what has happened this year... but I think that's another question. Here is the link on the Web site for future reference - http://www.historychannel.com/tdih/index.html
Question 4: On this day in the New York Times.
Answer: I don't get the New York Times and only read page 6 (the celebrity gossip page) when its on other gossip sites. But apparently you can go here - http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/archive.html -- and read it.Question 5: What else is news? Find out the following:
- What was the cost of a postage stamp?
- What was the cost of a loaf of bread?
- How much was the average cost of a house?
- How much was the average cost of a car?
- How much was a gallon of gas?
- What was the average income in the United States?
- Who was the President of the United States?
- Who was the Vice-President of the United States?
- What was the Academy Award Winner for the Best Picture?
- What were some of the top songs during that year?
- What were some of the Sports Headlines for that year?
Answer: Okay this question I might be able to answer!!!
Who won what?
- What was the cost of a postage stamp? 44 cents. OR you can get the forever stamps where you get a whole bunch of stamps for one cost and then when they raise stamp prices again you don't have to pay extra.
- What was the cost of a loaf of bread? The bread we buy is from Kroger and is usually 10/$10. So $1.
- How much was the average cost of a house? The housing market sucks right now so you could probably get a cheaper house. This web site - http://www.realestateabc.com/outlook/overall.htm - said it was about $140,000.
- How much was the average cost of a car? About $35,000 new.
- How much was a gallon of gas? It's the summer right now so it's a little higher but usually between $2.40 and $2.70.
- What was the average income in the United States? I can't find this. Grr
- Who was the President of the United States? Barack Obama. (side fact first black president)
- Who was the Vice-President of the United States? uemmm I almost said Dick Cheney LOL Joe Biden. You never hear anything from him though.
- What was the Academy Award Winner for the Best Picture? They will take place in November and you will be born (I'm assuming) before then. So the winner of best movie during the Golden Globes was "Avatar". And at the Mtv Movie Awards it was "Twilight: New Moon". The Kids Choice Awards on Nickeledeon it was "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel". Sundance Awards - "Winter's Bone."
- What were some of the top songs during that year? to date (so as of June 17, 2010) the top 10 are: "California Gurls" by Katy Perry, "Imme Be" by The Black Eyed Peas, "OMG" by Usher, "Your Love is My Drug" by Ke$ha, "Airplanes" by B.O.B, "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum, "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, "Nothin On You" by B.O.B, "Telephone" by Lady Gaga, "Rude Boy" by Rihanna.
- What were some of the Sports Headlines for that year?
Football-Super Bowl: Indianapolis Colts vs. New Orleans Saints -- winner: New Orleans Saints
Baseball-World Series: It's Oct-Nov so the 2009 game was Philadelphia Philies vs. New York Yankees. Yankees won.
Soccer-World Cup: It's on right now...
General-Winter Olympics: It was in Vancouver, Canada. The United States had the most medals total with 37 (9 gold, 15 silver, 13 bronze) but Canada had the most gold (14 gold, 7 silver, 5 bronze) with only 26 total. Followed by Germany with 10 gold, 13 silver, 7 bronze and 30 total.
Golf-Masters: Phil Mickelson
Cycling-Tour de France: its coming up in July....
Racing-Indy 500: Dario Franchitti
Tennis-Wimbledon: taking place end of june....
These are suggestions from your Uncle Chris...
Hockey - Stanley Cup - Chicago Blackhawks vs. Philadelphia Flyers ... Blackhawks win for first time since 1961.
Pro Basketball - NBA Finals - Boston Celtics vs. L.A. Lakers.. so far its tied. Game 7 is tonight.
College Basketball - March Madness - Duke vs. Butler (from Indiana!) Duke won.
(and I'm adding) College Football - BCS Bowl
Other gossip?

No comments:
Post a Comment