Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

6.16.2010

Third Trimester Blog!

Okay so I am finally getting around to writing my third trimester blog. It has been a long week so far.


On Monday.....
I had my first 1 hour gestational diabetes test and FAILED it. My Mom came down around dinner time. Ian went home. Mom and I hung out. Not much happened. I kind of felt blah instead of excited. I took a short wheelchair ride around the floor with Mom.

On Tuesday......
I had my second gestational diabetes 3-hour test and I FAILED it. I needed two values in the green and I was off by TWO freakin points. I was normal, normal, high, 142 out of 140! Just over the limit! The 10 ounces of glucose they gave me sent me into this god awful sugar coma. I was exhausted and nauseous and dizzy. So I slept most the afternoon after it. Then I got my ultrasound and Mom finally got to see one. She never had one with us as kids and never saw Zoe's so she liked that. She cried. Then Dr. Attasee let us both give the ultrasound. SO I got to do it again and Mom got to do it too. Zoe was facing us for a while and we got some cute pics. I tried to take pictures of them later but it was too dark. I'll try it again soon and post them. After the ultrasound, I had this HUGE headache. It was like over my eyes. Nurse Ashleigh (who I love - she's one of Nurse Katie's friends and young and fun) gave me this one medicine and some Bendryll. So I was out for a few hours. It was kind of boring for Mom because I felt so icky. Then I was given my 'new' menu for my gestational diabetes and it is basically a carbon copy of my normal menu minus all the good food. I get no biscuits and gravy, no cookies, no chicken fingers - basically nothing breaded, fried or sugary. Boooooooo. It just kind of added to my sucky day. Mom and I watched "Valentines Day". It was good. REALLY lovey dovey but with some good twists.

Today..........
Today I woke up around noon. I slept crappy last night and couldn't get comfortable. A new theme for third trimester. I still feel blah and down. I don't know why. I don't feel any different. I dunno. It's probably just hormones. I feel sad that I can't do the nursery. And I read all the stuff my babycenter friends are doing and I can't do any of it. And I read all the fun summery stuff my Facebook and real friends are doing and I can't do any of it. It's been 6 weeks today since I got in the hospital. 5 weeks here and 1 week at Community North. Maybe I'm just coming off my "Twilight" series high. I was eating, living and breathing it for about two weeks. Or maybe I just ran out of things to do again. I was kind of feeling this way before Jen brought me Sims 3. I dunno. I'm sure I'll be fine. As long as the babies fine, I'm fine. She measured at 2 lbs 3 ounces on the ultrasound - give or take 5 ounces. So she's somewhere between 1 lb 15 ounces and 2 lbs 8 ounces. Which is normal. She's still about in the 50th percentile. I guess that's about it.

I have a Peds consult coming up this week so I'll hear all the new stats. I know from the March of Dimes site that I got upped the next level!!!!!!!!!!!

From http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1157.asp#head6

What about babies born at 28 to 31 weeks gestation? These babies look quite similar to babies born earlier, although they are larger (usually between 2 and 4 pounds) and even more likely to survive (about 96 percent) (13). Many require treatment with oxygen, surfactant and assistance to help them breathe. Some of these babies can be fed breast milk or formula through a tube placed through their nose or mouth into the stomach, although others need to be fed intravenously.

Some of these babies can cry. They can move, although their movements may be jerky. A baby born at this time can grasp a person’s finger. These babies can open their eyes, and they begin to stay awake and alert for short periods.

Babies born at 28 to 31 weeks are at risk for the complications discussed above. When complications occur, however, they may not be as severe as in babies born earlier. Babies born with very low birth weight (less than 3 pounds, 4 ounces) remain at risk for serious disabilities.


PICS coming soon!!

1 comment:

  1. If you are done with TWILIGHT I recommend reading OUTLANDER. It's good! I am almost done with the first book in the series.

    Other good reads I read post Twilight, hehe.... The Apothecary's Daughter, The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks...

    Hang in there lady! Thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete