Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

4.25.2010

AHH that was a scare but is okay now

So the baby hadn't been moving which I thought was normal because I have only felt her fluttery kick for a week or so and I know you don't usually do kick counts til 3rd tri. And then I was having some pretty bad cramps on and off. So I finally took Hailey's advice and called the on call doctor who said to go to Labor & Delivery to get checked over.

So Ian and I got there and got in super quick (apparently the word pregnant is like the words chest pain) they checked for her heartbeat first which was between 140 and 150 and okay. Then they asked me questions and decided to check my cervix for dilation. And I was 1cm dilated. They were a little surprised by that since I'm only 21 weeks (tomorrow). I was too! Then they thought maybe I had a kidney infection because of the cramping and back pain. But my pee sample came back negative.

Then they hooked me up to stuff and had me push a button when I felt her kick. And they monitored the cramps but everything is still so little it didn't pick them up so I kept track instead. So I did that for about a hour and then they sent me home and said to just drink water and keep track of the cramps and her movement and call my doctor in the morning.

So that's where we are now. At home.

5 comments:

  1. Man your FB status really freaked me out. I thought it said you went INTO labor and delivery. I didn't realize that's what the place was called. I hope everything is good. I am praying for you a lot. Be safe and seriously, live at the hospital if you need to, I will donate some money to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I am sorry you had to go through all that! I am sure Zoe will be just fine! Rest up lil lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is unnerving. Hope all is well... keep baking Zoe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, praying for you both! :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete