Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

7.21.2010

33 weeks, 2 days - Shower, nursery, life, Zoe

I feel like I haven't updated forever but I guess I have. I just had a lot going on the past few days.

I had my baby shower on Sunday. It went great. I was happy with it. I did end up getting a LOT LOT clothes. Wow. I already had all of Hailey's hand me downs and I got like 40 more things and most are 0-3 size or newborn. So.... we'll see what I end up with. I am still missing a lot of things I need that are necessities. I hope we can take some stuff back so we have money or gift cards or store credit or something to get the stuff we need. I barely have any diapers or wipes. It'll be okay, Ian is just going to have to go out and shop I guess. I made a list of stuff I still need.

What I Still Need

Bumbo

Bumbo Play Tray

Jumperoo - Hailey says she has one I can borrow

Hangers

Hooded towels

Washcloths

Pack n play - I think Cassie said I could borrow hers

Pack n play sheets

Diapers

Wipes

Smaller wipes container so I don't have to take the huge thing of wipes

Shampoo Rinse Cup

Seat Saver (to keep seat from getting crumbs on it under carseat)

Seat Back Protector (to not get feet scuff marks)

SippiGrips

Playtex Sipster Trainers 7oz

The First Years Minnie Mouse 2 Pk Insulated Sippy Cup

Cloth diapers (for burp cloths)

Booster Seat

High chair - Hailey said I could borrow

Breast pump – electric dual preferred

Baby tweezers and clippers

Baby comb/brush

PaciGrips

Sony 900 MHz BabyCall Nursery Monitor

Lansinoh Breast Lanolin Topical Breast Cream

Aquaphor

Crib sheets – two more

Quilted crib pad – something to go over mattress pad to avoid leaks

Changing pad

Changing pad sheet/cover

Baby meds – gas drops, Tylenol, etc.

Car mirror to see baby

Play gym for floor

Other toys for when older

Books

Dresser

Organizers for nursery and downstairs toys/diapers/etc.

Bin organizer for later



What I Don’t Need

Clothes

Receiving Blankets

Blankets

Bibs

Socks

Shoes

Mittens

Pacifiers

Bottles

Stuffed animals

Rattles

Toys

There now I'll never lose my list :)

Dani has been here since Friday. She drove up from Florida to spend the week with me and be here for my baby shower. It's been really awesome having her here especially since I've been on bedrest. She is currently upstairs organizing my nursery for me and I completely at ease by this because she is just as anal, perfectionist and OCD as I am. Maybe a little bit more even. So I'm sure it will be perfect. Ian and Dani went out and got the crib and crib mattress last night. We had ordered it online from Walmart and it came in (site to store). They set it up last night. It is SOOOO cute. OMG I love it. It makes the nursery finally look like a baby is going to be in it!!!  I have so many pictures from the shower and nursery that I put them on Facebook but it would take forever to put them on here. So I'll put like a handful on here. Maybe if I think about it, I'll upload them to a Shutterfly album or something too for people that don't have Facebook.

So that was Sunday. On Saturday, Mom, Dani and I went and saw Eclipse at the theater. I was in a wheelchair the whole time so it was all good. :)  It was a really good movie and baby Zoe reacted to all the loud noises.

On Monday, Dani drove me down to IU Med for a weekly check-up appt. and we were late getting there and so we had to wait forever and ever and finally saw a NP instead of the doctor and the chart wasn't updated and all they did was have me pee in a cup, take my blood pressure, listen to the heartbeat and measure my belly with some tape. We were there for almost 4 hours. Dani was supposed to drop me off at home and go to Kokomo to meet up with her friends/family but she didn't have time to drop me off so I went with her to Kokomo. I tried my best to recline, etc. We went and ate at Hacienda YUM and I had some NSA ice cream.

On Tuesday, I woke up and she wasn't moving around much so I had Dani drive me to Community North to my new doctors office. I had a non-stress test (monitored) and she was fine. I had an ultrasound and she met all the biophysical milestones. I met with my new doctor, Dr. Tate. She's super nice and smart. And I got my last progesterone shot while I was there. We were there all afternoon (1215-5p) but I got a lot done and the baby was fine. The office was SUPER nice like a hotel lobby or something. And the room I will deliver in is the same as the room I stayed in while I was there for a week before I got transfered to IU Med Center. So I'm excited about all that!

I guess that's the update. Dani just came down and said the nursery is organized except for the stuff she was going to put in a dresser (that we don't have yet) so I'm going to go up, check it out and take pictures!

More later!

Oh ya here are random pics
baby shower cake
















opening gifts















opening gifts 2















Julie and I



















Brooke and I



















Julie, Me and Brooke















Dani and I















Lily, Rachel, Me, Dani, Julie and Brooke















Mom and I















Dad and I















Just me



















Ian and Dad with the finished shed/mancave















Me seeing the crib put together for the first time















Ian and I in front of the new crib















4 comments:

  1. Something we did, when we were nearing the end of the pregnancy... was make a list of the "must haves" and the "it can wait" stuff. Things like sippy cups she won't need til at the earliest like 6 months, for example.

    You saw ECLIPSE? What'd ya think? You've read the books too, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah -
    That's a good idea. I'm not sure what she 'needs' right away and what can wait though LOL

    I did see Eclipse! I've read all the books - Twilight and Eclipse were my two favorite books. I LOVED the movie. I think its the best one so far. I can't wait to see what they do with Breaking Dawn 1 and 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can help you! I'll send you a message on BC based on your list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great shower!! Good luck getting all the necessities!!

    ReplyDelete