So if you don't want to hear it, don't listen.
I have given a lot of thought on the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.
Part of me supports equality for all and is a big supporter of gay rights because it makes sense to me that everyone is on an equal level. So that side of me, thinks DADT is dumb and unfair.
Yet, part of me believes that a country's military should always remain a united front because strategically it seems like you'd get more accomplished that way. So that side of me, thinks DADT makes sense.
I am really torn on this issue. I guess I feel like there is no reason to discuss sexuality of any kind in the military because you are there for a reason not to date or something. So part of me thinks that people should just wear matching uniforms and have matching haircuts and be somewhat robotic in a way from the general perspective. That's the reason that they make them look alike to avoid an individualistic military.
I disagree with kicking people out because they are gay. I think they should kick people out that discuss any type of sexuality preference. If you make a comment about women or men. I don't know. That's the only thing that bothers me I guess. To me this situation is the same as dying your hair pink or bleaching your fatigues. The military isn't about standing out and making a statement of any kind. So VERY surprisingly I think I am pro-DADT based on that statement.
On all other issues however, I still stand pro-gay rights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL, the problem you run into in the military is all soldiers are human and have a sexual drive so there is no such thing as the soldier you want.
ReplyDeleteIn addition the military actually promotes getting married monetarily. Here is a real life example: My cousin married some girl while stationed in Hawaii so she could go to school using his GI Bill and he got $900.00 more in pay a month.
This seems to contradict your argument of the military being a unified front with no sexual agenda. The government has an agenda for sexual relations heterosexually...
So it seems gays aren't being treated equal with DADT as long as the government is pushing heterosexuals... or even homosexuals to marry the opposite sex with increased pay and benefits.
Just something else for you to ponder!
Ooooh that is a good point. LOL now I have to go back to the drawing board. Why does the government have a sexual agenda? What does anyone's sexual preference have to do with the government? Ugh. Why can't just once, something not be about sex of any kind. LOL
ReplyDelete