I have a feeling today like I want to do something but I don't know what to do. It's kind of like the blah feeling or a lazy feeling but not because I don't feel like being lazy. My back hurt so I tried to lay down back in bed and I tried taking a nap but I couldn't sleep. Then I started listening to music on my clock radio and folding laundry that Ian put on the bed in a basket and I did that for a while until Cassie called me. Then I came back downstairs and I'm thinking I should load the dishwasher and make some lunch. I ate breakfast but I really wasn't that hungry because I'm so bloated. I feel the same way about lunch. I need to take a shower at some point today. I wish I knew when I was going to have this baby. I think I'd be far less paranoid. I am getting this constant nervous feeling and I'm on like BodyWatch 2010 for labor 24 hours a day. I don't have the hospital setting to calm me anymore. So I have to keep track of if the baby is moving and days like yesterday where she slept all day, I freak out but try to stay calm and I couldn't sleep because she wouldn't kick my hand back. And I finally fell asleep and got up first thing this morning and used the doppler that Laura lent me to find her heartbeat. I listened to it for like 15 minutes just because it was calming. I wouldn't say I'm really freaking out about anything. I mean I really hate the unknown and I really hate when I can't control things but I know from a general standpoint whats going on/going to happen so its not really completely unknown. And women give birth every day so its not like shocker. I've been pregnant now for almost 9 straight months so I'm pretty sure that even if I'm in labor for like 2 days it will be better than 9 months of pregnancy. And at the end I'll finally have Zoe out of me! I've spent so long trying to keep her in! It will be nice to have my body back. And then I get to learn how to be a parent. I just wish I knew when it was going to all happen. I guess that's one of the good things about people who have to be induced. Probably the only good thing. I don't know about this whole going into labor naturally yet. Seems like a giant waiting game. Today I have a 1 in 34 chance that I'll go into labor. LOL figuring that I have 34 days left.
I'm already making a list of things to do when I get off bedrest.
Buy changing pad/changing pad sheets for nursery
Box up the 3-6 and 6 month clothes
Box up the toys except rattles
Put blankets in toy container
Buy more organizers esp one for downstairs changings
Put carseat in car
Move swing downstairs
Move other swing upstairs
Figure out room wall art
Laundry
Dishwasher
Sweep floor
Mop floor
Vaccuum
Get hair cut
Go swimming
Have sex if they'll let me
Finish pregnancy journal
Find seat cover for rocker
Buy manual breast pump
Look through registry and see if I need anything before baby comes
Make maternity photo prints
8.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey I am from BBC Sept 09 and have been following your blog... I understand your feeling of uncertainty of when the baby will come! I chose to be induced because my DH works 30 min away and that is where the hospital was too. I ended up being in labor when I went in to be induced but I knew when it was going to happen and my Mom could be with me too. Try and not stress... It is such an exciting time! Enjoy your days as just you before the baby comes... I really didn't think anything of that but even going to the bathroom is a little harder with a baby. Get a pedicure if you can and just enjoy you time because it is few and far between after the baby comes!! Good luck and I hope you get off bedrest soon and can enjoy yourself before the baby comes!
ReplyDeletehang in there chickie. :)
ReplyDeleteKnowing when is the only up side to induction, in my opinion! I mean, sometimes the up side is it's medically necessary too... but that pitocin is a bitch. lol
As for the sex... I would be surprised if they let you... but I'm no doc! hehe And you'll have to wait, I think 6 weeks at least after having her. Though, at that time sex will be the furtherest thing from your mind! At least, it was my experience! I was too busy figuring out the whole "taking care of an infant" thang!
I second that Pitocin is a BITCH, but, unfortunately, a necessary bitch sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI don't see why they won't let you have sex if they are allowing you off bed rest. I mean, your body probably works harder mopping floors than having sex. If they let you mop floors, they better ler you have sex. I hope you can do it at least once before the babies comes because, even 6 weeks postpartum, you won't feel like having sex at all. I still don't feel like having sex!!!!!!!! Haha... kidding. Well, half kidding. :)
Ok apparently I'm the only one who had a great experience w/ Pitocin! I've been induced & gone naturally, either way the result was the same. For me the calmer, more relaxed, & focused I was the easier my labor became. I do recommend having an epidural! Oh, & having sex while you're pregnant really isn't all it's cracked up to be. By this stage there isn't any way to do things comfortably!
ReplyDelete