So my last post was before her 2am feeding... I went to bed and woke up at 445a to do her 5a feeding. She was super tired during it and so was I. But we got through it. :) The 8am feeding was much better. I ended up skipping the 11am feeding because I had a ton of stuff to do with discharging from hospital, pharmacy stuff, packing up, etc. plus breakfast on top of that. So I moved rooms and now I am just sitting in my new room thats like a hotel room in a hospital waiting for her 2pm feeding. Her Bili numbers went up again (they are now at 12) so she has to stay maybe until she is 5 days old. We can stay in this room as long as Zoe is here. And its only 12 doors down from her room. So a lot easier.
:)
All for now. I was going to shower but when I switched rooms, I didn't grab the soap out of the bathroom and we can't get soap up here on the NICU floor. So.... no shower yet. Twana is coming to visit me around 2 and I told her to bring some. I also added it to the list of things Ian needs to bring back. That list so far is (yes, this is the actual email to him LOL):
From house:
FOOD (although I did get all the stuff from the fridge)
In our closet by the towels -- Always overnight pads. They are actual pads NOT mini pantyliner type things.
CONTACT SOLUTION
Clothes. Jammie capris, jammie pants, my new blue and white nursing tank (I think in closet on dresser).
Body wash! I didn't take the soap from the bathroom and we can't get any up here apparently I called.
An actual bottle of shampoo would be nice too. That travel size sucks and we have like 3 more days here.
Our actual tube of toothpaste would be nice too.
Clothes for you - don't forget.
Razor to shave legs! They are super hairy.
And razor for you if you want it.
From store:
Tucks pads. They are the witch hazel pads I've been using. They are round little pads in a plastic container (as opposed to a pad like the diaper thing I've been wearing).
I think that's all for now. :)
Oh and I got my prescription from the pharmacy here and they are a normal pharmacy like Payless. The prescrips were 13 dollars total.
8.17.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Those Tucks pads with witch hazel were my BEST FRIENDS for a long while after giving birth. I remember still being a little sore "down there" after 2 weeks because I had to go back to school then. It hurt so bad to sit in the hard classroom chairs for 3-hour intervals that I ended up bringing a seat cushion from home to use when I was there. My perineum area felt tender to me (and a little hard from scar tissue) for probably an entire year after Claire was born. It hurt during sex too. :( I remember asking my OB/GYN about it because I was really worried that it still hurt months after giving birth. She said it was scar tissue and would break down eventually, which it did, thank goodness. I haven't heard of it hurting that long for anyone else though...but yeah...those Tucks pads rock.
ReplyDelete