Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

8.02.2010

Pregnancy Rewind - 35 days to go

Wow that's just crazy. I don't know the exact number off the top of my head but I think pregnancy is something like 200 or 250 some days long. And just the fact that that many days has gone by since I first found out is amazing to me. It makes me think about elephants or penguins or just animals in general and the way they carry children and how long or short they carry children. And how in the scheme of things I'm just another mammal essentially carrying a child like any other Mom out there, human or animal. I guess right now I'm in the midst of everything but for some reason it's still weird to me that people would make decisions to give up their bodies to make life. And then give up their lives to raise the child. It seems like a crazy concept if you look at it from the outside. I mean if you didn't know what it was like to procreate or know anything about the idea of family or the idea of a population and someone just said to you - how would you like to host a creature like you from nothing to a child for nine months and then give up most of your resources that are dear to you? Most people I would think would have to think about it. I don't know. It's just a weird concept from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment