Yes I am excited that I'm 35 weeks today BUT I want off bedrest!
And next Monday is HUGE for me because I get off bedrest. I get my cerclage stitch out. I'm 36 weeks pregnant. It's my birthday. AND I get a huge growth ultrasound to see what size baby I'm delivering! And I get this Beta Strep test.
As soon as I get done with the appointment, I am going SWIMMING at Mounds State Park. Unless its raining. If its raining I'm still going outside or cleaning or doing something active. AND I'm assuming/hoping/guessing that being off bedrest also means I am finally off 'pelvic rest'. And not to get too TMI here since I know both my Mom and Ian's Mom read this LOL I'm hoping that a certain ban on a certain activity that got me in this 9-month predicament will be lifted. LOL
Here are her stats from all the sites today about 35 weeks:
From babygaga
Can you say cramped? Your baby is weighing in at over 5 pounds and is nearly 18 inches long this week! Obviously they've got themselves a nice little fatty covering, which will keep them nice 'n' warm when they arrive on the outside. Your doctor or midwife will soon be monitoring your cervix for effacement and you're starting to get the pre-labor jitters for real.
From thebump
With baby's head pressing squarely on your bladder, you're probably clocking some quality time in the bathroom. On a similar note, if you're finding it tough to poop, load up on the fiber. Whole grains, veggies, and dried fruits (but not all at once!) should loosen things up.
From babycenter
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.And just for fun I'll do a Maternity Monday.
Maternity Monday! 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I was weighed last week and was up 12 lbs from pre-preg
Maternity clothes? I can only fit into sweatpants, lounge-y shorts. I have Hailey's maternity shirts - most of which are still long enough for the belly - a few that aren't. And if not I have the super used at this point Belly Band paired with extra long Old Navy tanks. (extra long does not mean pregnant LOL)
Stretch marks? It looks like my belly is in on fire.
Sleep: I'm actually sleeping a TON better than I was! The baby has dropped enough that I don't have as much pressure on my ribs and she isn't moving around as much because she's bigger so I basically only get up to pee - which granted is about hourly now and yes I fall asleep on the toilet about 4/10 times a night.
Best moment this week: Well its only Monday BUT yesterday Julie took my maternity pics and I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Movement: She still kicks and head butts and rolls around a little but she's running out of space to throw a party.
Food cravings: today I feel bloated so I'm not craving much of anything but I've been eating a lot of sweets, chocolate, lemonade, fruit or a lot of spicy food. Which usually I can't stand but I'm craving like hot wings or tangy bbq sauce.
Symptoms: Super tired, super bloated, back hurts and I've been randomly getting nauseous in the morning.
Gender: It's a Zoe! lol a girl
Labor Signs: I have cramps here and there. Lots of back pain. And as the doctors have been saying forever.. I'm 3.4 cms dilated, my cervix is way open (the u/s tech last week showed me where my cervix SHOULD be compared to where it is and it should be where Zoe's ears are! That's how low the baby is. It SHOULD be baby space, fluid space, cervix space within like 4 cms or something but mine is baby space in cervix space, a little bit of fluid space and then a teeeny section of cervix space that's like 5 mm! It was crazy. And my fluid (membranes) are like RIGHT there outside of the teeeeeeeny cervix space bulging.
Belly Button in or out? I had a SUPER deep belly button (I could fit my index finger in it to the second bend/knuckle) and now I can fit about 3/4 of my index finger fingernail. Its still an innie!
What I miss: Cocktails, wine, sushi, running around, driving, shopping, not being out of breath, the ease of going up and down stairs, eating lots of carbs (since I'm gestationally diabetic), fitting into my clothes, my abs, Zumba, being active.
What I am looking forward to: Zoe coming out! I don't care how much labor and delivery hurts/sucks - I am over being pregnant! I am super impatient and ready to meet my daughter and start being a Mom. I cannot prepare myself anymore. I need to experience it to learn it. I am ready to just do it already! Yes, I will miss sleeping and having a life but I am ready for this child to enter the world we live in!
Weekly Wisdom: Listen to your body, don't overdo it.
Milestones: 35 weeks! 35 days to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment