Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

8.23.2010

zoe update

from my babycenter group

So I'm totally in Zoe's NICU room right now dual pumping (on the Medela Symphony - hospitals not ours!) and on my laptop. I'm all about multitasking today!

Zoe is 8 days old today/38 weeks gestational! She is finally almost jaundice free. Her bili number is only 8. They took her off the Bili blanket. She's off the antibiotics they had her on since Saturday. She's almost weaned off the IV. She's breastfeeding fine again. Breathing fine again. She must have just had a little illness or something on Saturday. I dunno! She's sleeping right now. I have been getting decent sleep. I have been skipping the two night feedings to get sleep in before she comes home. So I do the 1230a feeding, skip the 330 and 630 and come back for the 930a. It's awesome but then I finally overtired, almost fall asleep at the 930a and then nap until the 1230p and then go and get Starbucks (in the lobby of the hospital!!!) and lunch before her 330 feeding. I was on a 90 minute Zoe-90 minute Mommy schedule but she is feeding a lot better so now I'm on a 60-min Zoe-120 minute Mommy schedule! At least for now in the hospital LOL we'll see how it changes at home. I know I will be changing a LOT more diapers at home!! Here we have been mostly letting nurses do it because we'll do it so much at home. LOL and they change her here like 40 times a day because they have to. Usually before AND after feedings she gets changed. Sometimes more and sometimes she has like a drop of pee and they change her! I mean I'm all about making the baby happy and avoiding infection but really? a drop of pee?

1 comment:

  1. Drop of pee = diaper rash. :( You'll be surprised when you get home how easily she will get a diaper rash if she isn't changed after she has peed. And, yes, that means a drop of pee. Haha. Diaper rash is the worst. It makes them cranky because it itches, but the baby doesn't know how to itch themself yet, so they just SCREAM, especially when you rub them with the wipes. Horrible memories. Their skin gets used to the diapers/pee/poop after a while, but it's really sentitive in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete