Or that I didn't realize.
I am struggling a little post partum. Everyone so far has said its 'normal' but I don't feel normal I feel like I have taken the fast train to Crazytown. I have always had super issues with anxiety and depression and have been in a stress center (nice word for 'mental hospital') for a week. With any change, something in me just goes haywire. I have a psychatrist who's amazing and a team of therapists that I could call. I also have friends that have went through it and non-new Moms that have been here one way or another. But I never expected it would be this severe! At night I feel fine. She cries next to my head in the bassinet and I scoop her up and change her and coo at her and feed her and snuggle her and pump. But when day breaks, something in me snaps. I wake up around her 9ish feeding and I always have these awful nervous pit feelings where I want to jump out of bed and run to the bathroom to try to throw up anything I can. My skin feels hot and crawly. I'm super sweaty. I'm on the verge of hyperventilating or crying. My brain is on overload and will not slow down and stop thinking. I what if everything or just go into this awful like zombie brain. I can't get a grip on myself. I walk around the house feeling like I have energy but I'm super lightheaded. I see baby items around my house and I feel this feeling like I just saw someone with a weapon and an agenda at me. I feel completely insane. I can't describe it. I hate it. Eventually the feeling goes away and I'm myself again. Sometimes it takes 3 hours, sometimes 8. And by night I'm fine again. I don't know. I never thought after all this drama to get here and have Zoe that I could look at her and be so afraid of her that I wanted to leave. She barely cries. She cries when she's hungry and half cries when she's taking a dump in her diaper. She sleeps all day long. She's nocturnal. She sleeps about 2 hours before food at night. But during the day she sleeps 4-5 hours without getting hungry. I had that Mom feeling but when I got home I lost it somewhere. Ian still has it. It makes me sad. I haven't eaten hardly anything in 4 days. I upped my Lexapro from 20 to 30 (I was already on 20 and have been on 30 and figured when I called my psych on Monday thats what he would say) I also took an expired (as of 3/10) Ativan that helped get through my last panic attack. I also have fessed up to the crazy building up and called my Mom and my close friends that have went through something similar. So I guess if anything I'm a resourceful parent. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praying for you girl...Glad that you are taking advantage of meds and professional help...I pray that this time will pass by quickly and that you will get back on track. Love you lots! Praying for you!!
ReplyDelete