Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

8.12.2010

36 weeks, 3 days

Today has been a complete clusterf---. I'm not in a bad mood at all but today has been a complete like Murphy's Law kind of day. Let's go over today's events, shall we?

Well first let's go over what today was supposed to be like: 10:30 a.m. non-stress test at Comm North, 11:30 a.m. Endocrinologist consult, 12:30 p.m. Mom leaves to go home and I spend all afternoon just lounging on my couch and reading about diabetes stuff until Ian gets home, we eat dinner, watch tv, go to bed.

What actually happened: Mom and I show up to my 10:30 appointment at 10:34 a.m. (because I wanted to stop at McDonalds and get breakfast (yes, I followed my carb limit) so Zoe would be alert for the test) and the line was long and we hit traffic coming down. But it was no big deal. We sit down and 20 minutes goes by. Knowing I have another appointment to get to down the road at 1130 that includes filling out a bunch of paperwork, I went up and asked how much longer because of the other appt. blah blah. They said 20 minutes. They accidentally triple scheduled. I said I don't have 20 minutes because of this other appt that is a MUST GO ASAP according to my doctor on Monday so we reschedule the NST for 1p today and drive to the Endo appt.

We get there fine. I'm able to score the Sept. issue of Parents magazine in the waiting room and hide it in my purse because I know it has an awesome diapers.com coupon in it. (Ian was proud - it was his idea). Appt. goes okay. I get put on insulin because at 36 weeks with gestational diabetes, your placenta naturally starts producing more insulin or something that makes everything messed up. I have to teach myself how to give a shot in my belly - it wasn't bad. I had to learn ALL about insulin. I got a new carb menu and nutrition talk, etc. Then I went back to the hospital to my doctors office for my non stress test.

Because the original appt. was at 1030a, I ate before I went so Zoe would be active. But now it was 1p and we were both hungry and the crackers they gave us and water was not cutting it. So after being on the monitor for almost two hours, Zoe wasn't having accelerations she needed to be having to pass the test. Basically her heart rate has to go up and down and not just stay the same so she was fine like her heart was beating but she wasn't doing what they wanted her to and they needed the room for another appt. so they shipped us over to triage to continue the test. I demanded that we be allowed to eat beforehand. So the nurse (they HAVE to wheelchair you in this case) wheeled me down to the cafeteria so I could get food since the baby and I were now starving. The kid doesn't move around that much unless she has food in her. So I get a salad, a little wrap and a diet coke. Then Mom and I head up to triage with the nurse.

We sit and eat our food and wait because there is no NST machine in the room. My nurse (different one) comes in and hooks it up WRONG. Twenty minutes later, she realizes that GASP it hasn't been recording this whole time. Waste of time. She actually called in some nurse IT person who told her this when she said the machine was broken. Seriously this nurse WOW. So Zoe is finally on and being recorded when she (the nurse) realizes I don't have a movement counter thing so she gives me one. Twenty minutes later, she asks me why the baby isn't moving. I said um she is. So the nurse leaves. Mom realizes and checks and lo and behold the nurse didn't plug in the counter thing all the way into the machine. EPIC FAIL no. 2. Now it's been like a hour. Zoe decides she's bored and rolls over and off the monitor. Mom tells the nurse. Nurse says 'I know I'm watching' like a smartass but doesn't come in to put her back on. So she stays off the monitor for another 20 minutes. Wasting our time again because she has to be recorded and pass for us to leave.

It's now 4 p.m. We have been at this appointment with Zoe cooperating and nurses failing for 3 hours. And at the hospital since 1030am for TWO appointments that should have only taken a hour tops. FINALLY, at 5pm, they let us go home. We spent almost 8 hours (1030-5) at two appointments. And Zoe was doing fine the whole time. It was total user error. If it were the baby, I could see it being a problem but I told them I needed to eat and that she was off the monitor. Ugh.

Anyway SO then we get home after being in rush hour traffic and Mom leaves at like 6. Then Hailey and Aaron want to go get ice cream and I'm like F it I'm having ice cream for dinner. So we go to leave in their car and shut our garage door (since we went out the garage even though they were driving) and our garage door makes this LOUD noise. So we think oh crap it smashed a car or something. The boys go in the house and through the garage to inspect it (as its not opening from the outside) and find out a spring broke. So now our cars are STUCK in our garage until someone can come out to fix it. Ian and Aaron tried tonight but its going to take a professional. So if I go into labor tonight, we have to call an ambulance because our cars are stuck in the garage! So please baby Zoe, stay in there just for the night and maybe tomorrow.

Isn't that a crazy day so far?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow!! Madness! Hope everything works out with your garage door!

    Also... if you want I have a referral code for DIAPERS.COM! :) You get the same deal, and I get a credit for referring you. hee hee

    ReplyDelete