Zoe is almost 2 days old!!! Here is her latest update.
She is down to 5lb 10.6oz (instead of 5lbs 12.5 oz).
She is feeding awesome. Takes the boob for 15-20 mins with hardly any problems. Then takes her formula supplement bottle for 15-20 mins until she's bored with it or full. She can drink as much or as little as she wants now instead of the must drink 30 like before. She's been averaging about 18ml. She doesn't have her feeding tube anymore. Just the sugar water IV in her arm still and the leeds for vitals on her and the thing on her foot for something else medical. She is still under the three Bili lights for her jaundice but gets rechecked again at 5am to see if they went up or down. Her poops are getting transitional to normal newborn so at least it's getting out. So hopefully her number will drop at her check!!
We are doing fine. Ian is SUCH an amazing dad. OMG. I had no idea he'd be this awesome. I mean I had hopes but he is WAY exceeding my expectations. WOW. And I'm not just being nice. He's putting me to shame. LOL I'm doing alright. I'm on pain meds because I tore a little and got episotomied a little during delivery. So my perenium is a little tender. But not bad. The bleeding is slowing down I think. I'm feeding fine and pumping fine. So all the parts are working LOL and not too swollen or anything yet. And I don't feel too sleep deprived even.
The food here is AMAZING. I could eat all day. I love this hospital. I haven't seen a doctor since I delivered LOL but they've tried to apparently track me down twice now. Once I was in the NICU and the other time, the shower. I'm assuming tomorrow I'll see them and they will discharge us since its been 48 hours. BUT and this is hard to explain ... since we delivered past midnight, we have until midnight. So technically its 48 hours after birth which is 2:45 am Sunday. BUT we aren't being kicked out of our room until 12 a.m. Wednesday. The nurse said that if I delivered at 11:57 p.m. Saturday that they would kick us out at 12 a.m. Tuesday! So we luckily made the bonus cut by like 3 hours. BUT Zoe will most likely have to stay in the NICU for her jaundice under the lights for another day or so. And since we live in Anderson and I'm around the clock breastfeeding, we have top priority and get to stay in a parent room-in room on the NICU floor. They apparently are like nice hotel rooms with queen-sized beds, TVs, own bathrooms, etc. (rather than the uncomfortable labor bed I'm still on and Ian's mancave pull out couch). In the parent room, we stay in it like a free hotel room. No hospital room services. So no nurses for me, food for me, meds delivered to me, etc. just free room down hall from Zoe's room. Zoe will still obviously be a patient and have patient care. So that's our Tuesday plans I guess.
I think that's the update for now! I'm skipping the 2 a.m. feeding and sleeping until the 5 a.m. feeding so I'm off to bed! More updates to come. OH and pictures on here eventually when I have time. And I'd have more new pics BUT right now she's either on my boob eating OR laying on my naked boobs bottle feeding OR laying under the really bright (hard to take pictures with) Bili lights. So.... options are limited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment