Name: Zoe Alexandria Cooper
Born: August 15 at 2:45 a.m.
Weight: 5lb 12oz
Length: 18 inches
Labor: Easy. Admitted to hospital at 6p. They broke my water at 7:30p. Epidural by 11p. Delivered after 20 minutes and 6 pushes. Felt hardly any contractions.
Problems at birth: Fluid in lung from quick labor, a sometimes fast respiratory rate due to fluid in lung, Harlequinn splotches (that went away after like a hour or two).
Problems now: Still fast resp. rate about once or twice a day but it was a lot more. Jaundice. Currently on three bili lights. IV giving her sugar water so she doesn't get low blood sugar levels, feeding tube so she can eat more than just colostrum so she can poop more so she can get rid of jaundice.
Feeding: Sucks at breast for 30 minutes each feeding. Then gets fed 30ML of formula hrough bottle or her tube.
Pooping: Just moved into transitional poop in between baby poop and meconium poop.
My update for this second (from my babycenter post)
I'm about to take a nap before Zoe's 5p feeding. I'm skipping her 2p because I'm tired and I can at this point, sleep rather than feed (I'm only producing colostrum and they are supplementing her with formula and she has a feeding tube because she has a high bili number so it isn't necessary for just me to feed her every 3 hours).
Zoe and I's update today: Zoe is taking to the boob pretty well and latching fine, but we are both frustrated at the idea of having to learn something new. They are taking her IV out probably soon to get her to eat more (the IV is giving her sugar water because they were worried about her blood sugar since I had GD) and then all she'll have to do is get a lower bili number to get rid of the lights and maybe just put on a blanket bili level. Her resp. rate went up again yesterday once so they had to retube her instead of have me feed her. So she still has it in but is able to do normal feedings now that the resp rate is back to normal.
I am doing fine pumping and everything is 'normal' the nurses said. I guess I torn some and got cut some during labor so I have stitches and the only real pain I have is perineum pain. But they have me on some narcotic for that and then I have my giant pad, my baby diaper ice pack, my witch hazel pads and then I either spray a foam on the witch hazel to top it off or every other time I spray Dermoplast on myself down there. I just took my first shower since delivery and it felt AMAZING except when I remembered to be careful around my front but completely forgot that my perineum was in the back not front. So I soaped up normal and YELPED! So now I feel clean and have a fresh pad ensemble in and a nice cold ice pack. :)
My schedule last night was 11 p.m. give Zoe boob to suck on for 30 minutes then feed her formula supplement bottle (unless she's under Bili lights in which case I've been having them just do a tube feeding). 12:15 a.m. go back to room and pump for 15 minutes. 12:30 a.m. eat cereal for dinner, play on Facebook, upload pictures. 1:45 a.m. call nurse to leave for Zoe's 2 a.m. feeding since Ian went to bed. Feed Zoe at 2 a.m. she takes boob really well AND eats 35ML of formula. Come back and pump. Skip 5am feeding (nurse told me too because I wasn't sleeping at all). Sleep 4-ish to 8:20a. Wake up for 8am feeding late. Rush up sleep deprived to feed her with Ian. She is hungry and frustrated. I'm hungry and frustrated. She gives up on boob about the time I do and has a bottle. We can't stand her day nurse today. We leave and come back and eat breakfast. Go up for her 11a feeding which she does perfectly with the boob but she's under more lights now so we can't do a bottle feed without standing in a weird position around the lights so I chose to have them tube feed. And we decide to skip the 2p feeding to see less of her nurse. Plus this way she can stay under Bili lights longer and still eat via tube. I come back from 11a feeding at noon and pump. After pumping I shower. And now I'm here!
There are 88 photos on Facebook.
8.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for the awesome update!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Mindy and Ian! She is BEAUTIFUL!
So happy for you both... enjoy your new little family! :)
I'm gonna have to check out your facebook!
Congratulations!! Great to hear you are both okay!
ReplyDelete